Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: dawny on July 10, 2009, 09:35:33 PM

Title: Kalkan Regency
Post by: dawny on July 10, 2009, 09:35:33 PM
Hi 

Does anyone have thoughts on the Kalkan Regency Hotel.... Thinking of booking with husband and 9yr old in mid-August.

How far is the hotel from the main action?  Is it easy to get back in the evening?

Kalkan sound amazing.

many thanks
dawny
Title: Re: Kalkan Regency
Post by: BevJam on July 11, 2009, 08:20:57 AM
Hi Dawny,

Kalkan regency is a beautiful hotel. My friend stayed there in May and had great service, a wonderful room and food. It is about a 5 to 10 min walk into town depending on how far into the old town you want to go. They do a BBQ night on the Tuesday and have a boat trip out to the islands. We own our own place so just go to visit in the day but are always made to feel welcome

Post by: DawnT on July 11, 2009, 10:38:15 AM
Hi Dawny

We love the Regency, we''ve stayed there a couple of times and now own an apartment right next door, so I get the best of both worlds!!  The hotel is family run, with mum Masuda, son''s Dolunay & Ash and dad Nuri, all the staff are fantastic, great bar, amazing food & spa.  I basically can''t fault it.  They have just invested in the Posidean which is the largest gullet in Kalkan (previously they leased it), and when you book you will have a complimentary day out, which is great (one of the crew looks like Frank Lampard), they also own a motor cruiser which you have rent out.  Wednesday night is ''Turkish Night'' fantastic evening.  Location is 10 min walk into town - but I think is an advantage as it''s lovely and peaceful, yet close enough to the action.

I''ve been out there 3 times so far this year and I''m back again in August and can''t wait to see my turkish ''family'' again

Dawn
Post by: dawny on July 11, 2009, 12:27:27 PM
Thank you so  much for the replies....  Well we have booked, counting down to 15th August now :o)

One last question, are there any municipal tennis courts in the area?  My son wants to know if he can get any practise in ....

thanks again
d
Post by: DawnT on July 12, 2009, 11:41:13 AM
Hi Dawny

We are going about the 17th, so might bump into you at the Regency!

Dawn

ps the only tennis courts I know off are at the Patara Prince and hotel in Kalamar - no doubt someone will know !
Post by: dawny on July 12, 2009, 07:08:30 PM
That would be great...we are Rm 207 (Allen)

be lovely to meet you....

cheers
xx
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal