Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: Bobbie on July 02, 2009, 10:09:30 AM

Title: Dalaman Airport
Post by: Bobbie on July 02, 2009, 10:09:30 AM
We were recently delayed for 5 hours at Dalaman, with a bad back and neck I found sitting on those wooden seats excrutiatingly painful. We only discovered about an hour before the flight that there was a lounge upstairs where there were comfy chairs, food and drink. On the board outside it didn''t say how much you had to pay to use it, someone said they thought it was about £20 per head. Does anyone know if this is correct? If I ever get delayed again I definitely want to go there!
Thanks.
Title: Re: Dalaman Airport
Post by: The Engineer on July 02, 2009, 12:07:12 PM
Good Question I too have seen the VIP lounge upstairs with a board giving details of food and drinks and comfortable chairs but no prices. As the airport facilities are quite expensive and the board said that all  major credit cards are accepted I didn''t bother to ask the price.
I''m sure someone will know.

M
Post by: baclava on July 02, 2009, 12:20:10 PM
I believe it was 35 lira last year.
Post by: baclava on July 02, 2009, 12:23:36 PM
Just checked the airport website at http://www.atmairport.aero/Dalaman_en/cip.php#  and the charge is 20 euro.
Post by: Jamera on July 02, 2009, 01:43:05 PM
Or TL 42.  We were delayed on a Monarch flight from 3am til 5am - if nothing else the place was empty whilst the rest of the departure area had run out of seats and people were sleeping on the floor - value for money as far as I''m concerned
Post by: turkeyfan on July 02, 2009, 01:47:03 PM
Can kids go in? They are 13 and 15.
Post by: DawnT on July 02, 2009, 03:14:49 PM
We used the lounge last year, and thought that it was value for money.  Another tip is the ''pub'' opposite the lounge, reasonably priced and comfy seats.
Post by: Blue Lizard on July 02, 2009, 04:02:37 PM
Your my kind of girl!!! :D :D ;)
Post by: baclava on July 03, 2009, 01:34:12 PM
The pub opposite the CIP lounge was closed when we flew out in May. Looked like a long term closure. Anyone know if it has re-opened?
Post by: The Engineer on July 03, 2009, 03:32:36 PM
It was open in June, when you say drinks are reasonable I didn''t find that the case, I got 2 glasses of wine  and they were 12.50 Tkl each.
I also noticed they only sere coffee with a muffin as a deal also 12 Tkl. They would not serve a coffee an its own.
Does any one know if they serve alcahol in the VIP lounge and is it included in the price?

M
Post by: maryjane on July 03, 2009, 03:53:13 PM
Re Dalaman Airport and the "VIP" lounge - they were only serving soft drinks last year - no alcohol!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal