Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Introduce Yourself => Topic started by: sheilapeila on June 25, 2009, 10:08:30 AM

Title: IS KALKAN THE PLACE TO LOCATE???
Post by: sheilapeila on June 25, 2009, 10:08:30 AM
Hi - My name is Sheila and I have just joined this site.  I am retiring to Turkey in approx 2 years'''' time.  But............ although I will be a senior citizen (oh gawd........ first time I''''ve actually typed those words) I am full of life and can''''t wait to start a new one out there.

My question is where on earth in Turkey do I go?  I am finding it very difficult to choose - there are soooooo many gorgeous places; ie Alanya, Bodrum, Datca etc etc etc.  I think I have made up my mind I would like the Mediterranean side - only coz it gets more sun - slightly - lol.

So I have just found Kalkan - it looks lovely - as I don''''t want a stretch of beach with nothing on it - I find islands in the distance or a rugged coast much more interesting - but with a bit of a beach too.

Do you live there?  I would be most happy to hear about the bad points as well as the good!!

I know I have a while to go - I wish it was this summer and not 2011 - I know the prices will have gone up by then too but can''''t afford to buy until I sell my own flat in Edinburgh, I just hope the house prices here do not continue to go down.  HELP!!

Thanking you in anticipation!!!!!!

Kind Regards - Sheila (alias Sheilapeila)  
Title: Re: IS KALKAN THE PLACE TO LOCATE???
Post by: Blue Lizard on June 25, 2009, 10:22:13 AM
Sheila.....the only way to find if it ticks all the boxes is to go take a look..i don''t live there but i took a look 22 years ago...have you thought about long term lease?that way if you get itchy feet you can move on ;)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal