Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: butterfly on June 22, 2009, 09:46:50 AM

Title: Smoking Ban
Post by: butterfly on June 22, 2009, 09:46:50 AM
When the new smoking ban comes into force on 19 July, does anybody know who will be liable to pay the 62 tl fine? Will it be the smoker or the owner of the premises?  Also, is there are any ruling, as in England, as to what qualifies as indoors?
Title: Re: Smoking Ban
Post by: Enişte on June 22, 2009, 10:10:54 AM
I heard yesterday that the smoker would pay 62 or 69 YTL but the proprietor would pay over 5000, so they will be keen to obey the new law!  Not sure what constitutes indoors yet.
Post by: Linsue on June 22, 2009, 11:16:10 AM
In the UK the ban applies to outside areas where food is served so fingers crossed this will apply in Turkey too.  It would be good to go out for dinner in Kalkan and not be surrounded by smokers!

Post by: Blue Lizard on June 22, 2009, 11:53:49 AM
i remember in this country when it came in..smokers were forced into the open air throughout winter..then in the summer out came the non smokers ..moaning about the smokers even in non food places? ::).....
i hope Turkish people are more tolerant......but i think i already know the answer to that one ;)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal