Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Pandora on June 09, 2009, 08:39:50 PM

Title: Counting down the days!
Post by: Pandora on June 09, 2009, 08:39:50 PM
Hi there! It''s my first time in Kalkan this year and I''m sooooo excited! We (hubby & I plus 7 yr old daughter) are arriving at the end of July, really excited at the prospect of all the wonderful suggestions of things to do and places to see and places to eat.

Just a couple of Questions. Mosquitos seem to think I''m game on for their breakfast/lunch/dinner and I''ve heard that Kalkan is where they party hard all Summer. Can anyone suggest a really good repellent that they''ve found successful?

Also - I''m a white wine drinker and understand that a decent, reasonably priced bottle is a tricky find in Turkey. So - What are all your suggestions for a new holiday tipple in Kalkan? I would love to hear all your ideas and where to drink them!

Many thanks!
Title: Re: Counting down the days!
Post by: Babs on June 09, 2009, 08:53:49 PM
hello....you''ll get lots of suggestions but......Sinkov (think that''s right) from the local shops is good for mozzies - they find me tasty too!
and Angora white is really quite drinkable.....just don''t get the two confused!!  :laugh:
Post by: paulie1955 on June 09, 2009, 09:42:47 PM
OFF  is a turkish anti-mozzie stuff and recommended by locals. The streets and drains have been sprayed buy industrial sized pumps onbacks of lorries recently--so hopefully the mozzie problem will be minimal. Angorra is a nice white wine. Around 9--10 lira in supermarkets, but 20 lira plus in restaurants! paul
Post by: tashanvillas on June 10, 2009, 06:22:20 PM
Hi..

Sinkov & Off both great for your anti-mozzie plans & will help you stay in peace.. should be around 10 TL in supermarkets and yess i would definetely advice angora white as my choice on wine.

Post by: Pandora on June 10, 2009, 06:50:14 PM
Many thanks to you all for your advice.

I''ll be sure to tell those mossies to sinkov-off at the nearest opportunity! Will stock up on arrival  (obviously, after puchasing a very nice bottle of Angora!!)

Cheers guys!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal