Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Possums on June 09, 2009, 10:27:35 AM

Title: Directions from Dalaman Airport
Post by: Possums on June 09, 2009, 10:27:35 AM
I am a little disappointed to find that the directions from the airport still do not include the new road?

Can these be updated please?  As I always recommend the website to our guests so they can find out as much as possible about Kalkan before their arrival, any of them coming in independently (car hire) and unfamiliar with Kalkan would struggle to find their way down to the village following the present instructions.

Many thanks.

Rosemary
Title: Re: Directions from Dalaman Airport
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on June 09, 2009, 12:10:09 PM
Hi,

Sorry about the delay this is because a whole new look for EK is under development.. Ill get them updated in the meantime  :)
Post by: tasharus on June 15, 2009, 09:05:31 AM
yes we are due to arrive in Kalkan on 26/06/09 and have been checking daily for the new route to be posted as promised by EK admin. I am growing increasingly nervous about driving to Kalkan via the traditional hair raising route in the dark !!!!
if any one has new directions they will be greatly received ! ???
Post by: fidimax on June 15, 2009, 01:47:16 PM
Hiya tasharus,as far as I know if you follow the old route,up to the turn off which takes you through Yesilkoy and on the winding rd through the forest,dont take this turn ! go straight on and this is the new rd which takes you up and over into Kalkan,you might be able to see the new rd at the Yesilkoy turn off.
Post by: KalkanPosh on June 15, 2009, 02:15:03 PM
It''s even easier than before! Past Patara, just stay on the main road and you''ll be on the new road up the hill into Kalkan before you know it - and if you''re arriving at night you''ll be welcomed by all the twinkly lights of the town! :D
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on June 15, 2009, 04:22:35 PM
Updated  :)
Post by: tasharus on June 16, 2009, 09:20:42 PM
Superb x
Post by: Possums on June 17, 2009, 10:12:11 AM
Updated  :)

Thank you Jon

regards
Rosemary and Yvonne