Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: SUSIEJAS on May 17, 2009, 06:05:48 PM

Title: vegetarian and 19 year old daughter
Post by: SUSIEJAS on May 17, 2009, 06:05:48 PM
Hello everyone we go to Kalkan for the first time in July as a family of three (Mum, Dad and 19 year old daughter). We have hired a villa and are looking for places to eat. I am a vegetarian and do not eat meat, chicken or fish. The other two eat anything. We are looking for a special meal for the first night and then suggestions for pre dinner drink place and restaurants. So excited!    :D
Title: Re: vegetarian and 19 year old daughter
Post by: Babs on May 17, 2009, 06:24:46 PM
hello
we had our daughter''s friend with us last year who is vegetarian and it is way easy to eat out in Kalkan, suggest you have a look at the suggestions in the restaurant section as there are so many excellent restaurants and everyone has their favourites....great place for teenagers too!
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on May 17, 2009, 07:03:01 PM
You will be fine with Turkish food, some excellent vegetarian dishes  :)
Post by: misty on May 17, 2009, 07:14:24 PM
My daughter is the fussiest veggie going but had no problems and really enjoyed all her meals there  :)
Post by: sally on May 17, 2009, 08:11:32 PM
Korsan Marina - their mezze is a meal in itself & 90% of it is veggie & I am sure that if you booked a day before & mentioned you were veggie it would be 100% veggie.  They also do a lovely spinach & cheese baked inside a pide loaf  with salad - yum, yum!!
Post by: felicity on May 17, 2009, 08:50:35 PM
Vegetarian is SOOOO widely available and SOOOOO delicious -  you will have no problem..!!

Enjoy!

Post by: Joules on May 20, 2009, 04:34:36 PM
Loads of veggie dishes available here, you will have no problem at all.  For a special meal on the first night I would recommend the roof terrace at Saffron or Mussaka - the best of the new restaurants for this year.  For pre dinner drınks you can''t beat the ambience of Coast at Giroda. For a reasonable meal or snack and friendly staff try Bar B Q.
Post by: SUSIEJAS on May 23, 2009, 07:58:51 PM
Thanks so much everyone. I am really looking forward to the food now too! :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal