Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: Blue Lizard on May 08, 2009, 02:38:43 PM

Title: A GOOD STEAK
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 08, 2009, 02:38:43 PM
Anybody got any ideas where you can get a decent sized steak?  as much as i like turkish food i do like a good steak sometimes...we do go to the butcher(Bulent)But we would like to eat out as well.However i have noticed over the past couple of years that the steaks in the restaurants are creeping up in price and getting smaller!! :o i don''t mind paying but i want a decent sized one...I''m sure some of you have your favourite places ;)
Title: Re: A GOOD STEAK
Post by: onelove on May 08, 2009, 03:36:01 PM
My daughter was in Kalkan last week and she raved about the steak she had at " Alternative "....good luck
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on May 08, 2009, 03:37:44 PM
I can certainly recommend the steak at Alternatif
Post by: Brooksie on May 08, 2009, 03:47:36 PM
Olive Garden for me. The steaks I''ve had there are superb.
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 08, 2009, 04:19:31 PM
The nicest steak I''ve had was at Aubergine - but it wasn''t huge.... for size, price and tenderness I''m with Brooksie - Olive Garden.
Like you, BL, we also buy fillet to cook ourselves and I''m always amazed how cheap it is compared to prices at home. Great value ;)
Post by: Alfaman on May 08, 2009, 05:47:24 PM
Atlantis on Kalamar Road-well priced steak, nice rooftop.
Post by: misty on May 08, 2009, 06:05:57 PM
Zula....a very large steak covered in Gorgonzola fantastic I''ve go a picture which I will post in the gallery !!!
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 08, 2009, 06:09:19 PM
did your steak say "cheese " when you took it''s photo? ;D
Post by: alantj on May 08, 2009, 06:20:53 PM
The nicest steak I''''ve had was at Aubergine - but it wasn''''t huge.... for size, price and tenderness I''''m with Brooksie - Olive Garden.
Like you, BL, we also buy fillet to cook ourselves and I''''m always amazed how cheap it is compared to prices at home. Great value ;)

Hi kalkan4eva,

Where do you buy your steaks from, I don''t think I have ever seen a piece of Fillet, Sirloin or Ribeye at the butchers in Kalkan.

Regards

Alan
Post by: howmad on May 08, 2009, 07:09:14 PM
You can buy steak, mainly fillet at different butchers in Kalkan but most of the restaurants source their steaks from outside Kalkan. A guy called Suleiman travels around Turkey sourcing fillet steak for the top end restaurants. On a personal note if I am eating steak I always go to Trio.They always manage to cook it perfectly whether rare (me) or well done.
Post by: Reygirl on May 08, 2009, 08:01:17 PM
When I''ve bought steak from the butcher he cuts it from a joint of beef.  It''s always been tender and tasty.
Post by: rat2 on May 08, 2009, 08:11:07 PM
Alternatif and Alternatif Atlantis (common ownership) have the best steaks in town without doubt.
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 08, 2009, 10:05:21 PM
Hey Misty ..just had a look in the gallery at your steak dinner...looks good!! ,will have to try Zula  ;)
Post by: misty on May 08, 2009, 10:20:40 PM
It was really nice...cant wait to be sitting down to another one  :laugh: :laugh:
Post by: paulie1955 on May 08, 2009, 10:43:52 PM
the best steak I ever had in kalkan was at akdeniz--they knew how to cook (or not!)  blue. It was seared all sides and red in the middle.-It was perfect for me and soooo  tender! Paul
Post by: Rachey on May 09, 2009, 12:02:58 AM
The marble steak at Coast - phenomenal! You cook it on a hot hot hot marble slab - the most tender (and huge) fillet.  Or any of the steaks at Salt and Pepper - also superb. 
Post by: Charlie on May 09, 2009, 11:48:32 AM
Doy Doy for fabulous steaks and also had a great one at Easter on my first visit to Mussakka (formerly Rami''s).
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 11, 2009, 10:21:34 AM
Hi Alan,
we''ve always bough our fillet from the butchers inside Migros or Carrefor in Fethiye. They cut it from a large fillet to whatever thickness you prefer and it is stupidly cheap. I''ve never seen fillet in the butchers in Kalkan, we usually buy chicken or lamb there, but I''ll be sure to ask for it in future.
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 11, 2009, 12:07:41 PM
we find Bulent is cheaper and good quality...but be careful there are 2 opposite the old school,the other 1 can be pricey and "skinny"  steaks!! >:(
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 11, 2009, 12:23:16 PM
Is Bulent the butcher on the roundabout, BL?
Post by: felicity on May 11, 2009, 12:35:17 PM
No Bulent is the new butcher - Tavuk Et Galerisi just off the roundabout next to the YapiKredi (??) bank...!!
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 11, 2009, 12:57:24 PM
I think we are talking about the same place, Felicity. By the Samira and Tesko?
Post by: felicity on May 11, 2009, 02:59:04 PM
Yep - thats him..!!   ;D ;D
Post by: Lougie on May 11, 2009, 03:02:37 PM
Not a steak lover but my OH loves IBO''s streak.
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 11, 2009, 03:15:59 PM
does he take all his clothes off for an Ibos streak??? :o :o :D
Post by: Lougie on May 11, 2009, 03:52:02 PM
lol, whoops, should of checked it before I posted!!  ;D ;D ;D
Post by: Joules on May 13, 2009, 11:20:24 AM
I had a fabulous fıllet steak ın stilton sauce ın Saffron last week (new restaurant above Utopıa, between post office and Moonlıght bar) - cooked to perfection, wich ıs no mean task gıven the size of it! Steak ın Mussaka (new restaurant where Ramis used to be) was also excellent.
Post by: misty on May 13, 2009, 03:45:50 PM
Sounds good is that the one where the greeter looks like Jack Sparrow ???
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 13, 2009, 04:00:16 PM
No thats the "Doyum" just before the post office.......aghhhhhhhhhh  shiver me timbers i thought yeed be knowin that ye salty old sea dog!! ;D >:D
Post by: misty on May 13, 2009, 04:08:05 PM
OK......mind you he looks more like Orlando Bloom''s character that Jack Sparrow but still my son thought he was great !!!
Post by: killabeezz on May 13, 2009, 04:14:39 PM
No thats the "Doyum" just before the post office.......aghhhhhhhhhh  shiver me timbers i thought yeed be knowin that ye salty old sea dog!! ;D >:D

Aye me beauties the ''Sweet trade'' !
Loaded to the Gunwales with grog  he be and just after the booty,,,,, ;)
Post by: Lougie on May 13, 2009, 04:21:36 PM
If you''re talking about the same person as I think then Orlando Bloom & Johnny Deep would be insulated to be compared to him (no offense to him) he looks nothing like them, he used to work at Ozlaps I think!!

Sorry, gone off the topic a bit!
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 13, 2009, 04:57:07 PM
aaaaghhhh me hearties..at least if he be insulated then he be warm? ;) :-*
Post by: kevincat99 on May 13, 2009, 05:03:36 PM
This season - Mecit [that''s his name is to be the greeter at Jimmys down at the harbour
Post by: kavanagh123 on May 24, 2009, 09:13:30 PM
had a fab steak at the new Fez restaurant.  in fact best ever i think!  amazing sauce too.  superb staff and a relaxed atmosphere.  made a nice change from the bigger places.  worth a try for something different.
Post by: misty on May 24, 2009, 09:56:01 PM
Sounds great where is the Fez ???
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on May 24, 2009, 11:32:08 PM
Just opposite the Old Trading House from what I remember - could be wrong though  :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal