Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: lisjj on May 06, 2009, 03:56:17 PM

Title: Liquid Restrictions at Dalaman
Post by: lisjj on May 06, 2009, 03:56:17 PM
Does anyone know if these are in effect - since the previous posts?

Thanks
Title: Re: Liquid Restrictions at Dalaman
Post by: doug46b on May 06, 2009, 04:12:04 PM
Hi,
        Not when I was out last week.
Post by: Kalkan regular on May 08, 2009, 04:02:19 PM
Came back from Dalaman airport this morning. As you go in you have to go through scanners and there were a pile of bottles on the side put there by travellers. They didn''t ask if you had liquids and I didn''t see any signs telling you you couldn''t bring them. I had a large bottle of water in my bag plus a couple of other drinks. They were all allowed through, although they searched my husbands bag as it had a small laptop inside and then noted his passport number - we don''t know why. Lots of people seemed to be drinking their own supplies. A can of softdrink was 8 lira in the airport.
Post by: Mags on May 08, 2009, 04:36:08 PM
I''m glad someone else was puzzled by the laptop thing! I took my laptop back through Dalaman last November and the same thing happened to me: stopped, laptop looked at and my passport number noted on some list. I wondered why at the time. I didn''t mind, of course - anything to improve security - but I just couldn''t see the purpose behind this. Anyone know?
Post by: felicity on May 08, 2009, 05:22:37 PM
It must depend on who is on at the time...that same thing with the laptop happened to me but last time I came back...they werent interested.....  ??? ???
Post by: Begonvil on May 09, 2009, 07:57:17 PM
The same thing happend to me but with a pair of GHDS
Post by: Blackpool on May 09, 2009, 08:40:30 PM
I have also had my passport details written down when with laptop.
Did wonder at the time if my details were noted because I was the only member with a newish chip - implanted passport ???

Curiouser and curiouser.
Title: Re: Liquid Restrictions at Dalaman & Cigarettes
Post by: lisjj on May 14, 2009, 01:53:06 PM
Thanks - we have been to Dalaman 8 times and were worried when we heard about no liquids policy - don''t really mind about toiletries and stuff just drinks and food for airport as prices are extortionate - last year someone bought a can of coke and a mars bar £5.00!!!

Also last year some of the tour reps were telling you before you left your coach to check in for home that no duty free liquids or cigarettes allowed if you had purchased them in your resort and people were abandoning drinks and cigarettes on the coach - sounds like a scam for the reps to get free drinks and ciggies.  We just ignored them and went through with drinks no probs - would rather get them taken off me than be ripped of by reps! ::)  2 weeks to go - cant wait to be there  :) :)
Post by: BevJam on May 14, 2009, 07:38:57 PM
Came back on monday night and brought water through with us
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on May 14, 2009, 07:46:01 PM
We came back Monday with 3 bottles of water and 2 sprite without a problem  :)

PS, who is the person who checks EK in the CIP Lounge at the airport!  ;D
Post by: Em1 on May 15, 2009, 09:15:51 AM
Hi
Does anyone know if there is a liquid restriction at Antalya airport?
Em
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal