Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Shellage on March 31, 2009, 11:58:37 AM

Title: Moonlight Cruise
Post by: Shellage on March 31, 2009, 11:58:37 AM
Whilst in Kalkan, for the first time, it is my partners birthday and I would like to book something special. Is anyone aware of any companies that run good quality evening dinner cruises?  I don''t want to book dinner at a restauarnt as we will be doing that quite a lot during the holiday, so I am looking for something that bit extra special! Thanks for any info.
Title: Re: Moonlight Cruise
Post by: Brooksie on March 31, 2009, 12:34:54 PM
Just walk down to the harbour and have a look at the boats, there a few that do moonlight cruises. We haven''t been on a moonlight cruise but have done daylight trips which have always been great fun.
Post by: KalkanPosh on March 31, 2009, 01:18:28 PM
It''s very easy to hire one of the boats from the harbour for a special occasion....watching shooting the stars in the August sky whilst lying on deck is a particularly romantic memory for me....and I''m not going to spoil it by remembering my OH''s sea-sickness as a result and the speed with which we were returned to shore!!! ;)
Post by: Shellage on March 31, 2009, 01:24:13 PM
Sounds very romantic, the stars bit anyway!  I will remember to take my sea legs!  I was hoping to get something booked before we arrived as a little difficult to arrange a surprise when we are both there, but I will find a way to sneak off to the harbour and book something without him knowing.  Good to know evening cruises are available anyway, thanks.
Post by: Roxie on March 31, 2009, 02:05:53 PM
Hi,
We think if you e mail jacksonvictoria@hotmail.com you will be able to book Ali''s boat. He is always very busy so best booked in advance.
Have a great time
Rx
Post by: Shellage on March 31, 2009, 02:08:06 PM
Hi Roxie, thanks for the info. I will send an email.
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 01, 2009, 06:37:59 PM
You could always leave your hubby with a nice cold Efes in one of the bars and say you''re going to have a look around a couple of the boutiques and actually sneak down to the harbour and book the boat that way. Most men would welcome the opportunity to have a beer instead of window shop  ;D ;D
Post by: Shellage on April 01, 2009, 07:45:15 PM
A great idea if I didn''t have a one of those rare men that loves to shop!  One way or another I will think of something.  He loves the gym, so will try and sneak to the harbour when he is pumping iron.
Post by: misty on April 01, 2009, 08:27:23 PM
You could try on line www.romantik.com we have used these guys every year for a day at sea and they are fantastic........great boat choice of two....great food....... 
Post by: turkeyfan on April 01, 2009, 09:28:32 PM
Misty is that the right link??
Post by: Shellage on April 02, 2009, 01:50:01 PM
Hi Misty

Thank you for the suggestion of romantik.com but I can''t seem to find anything to do with boat trips?  Is this the correct info?
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 02, 2009, 02:24:15 PM
click yourself into     www.kalkanportal.com   go through the sections to boats...the link for romantik cruise is in there ...it''s 2007 so don''t know if it''s still current....
                            ta ta 
                                Lizard
Post by: Cosetta on April 02, 2009, 06:14:11 PM
Having tried to book a moonlight cruise, I was told that you either have to hire the boat for yourselves or you have to find a minimum of 6-8 people who want to share the cost of a private hire.  None of the boats offer regular or scheduled moonlight cruises, they are on a special booking basis.  Reason being there are apparently not enough people who regularly want to do moonlight cruises so it is a ''special'' trip.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal