Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Shellage on March 31, 2009, 10:41:24 AM

Title: Gym in Kalkan
Post by: Shellage on March 31, 2009, 10:41:24 AM
Hi.  My partner and I are going to Kalkan for the first time this June 2009.  We both like to keep fit and I have read somewhere that there is a new gym that has recently opened.  Does anyone have any further information on this and where it is?  Many thanks.
Title: Re: Gym in Kalkan
Post by: Brooksie on March 31, 2009, 10:43:39 AM
Shellage
Welcome to the forum. There is a Gym located behind the Yali Supermarket.
Post by: Shellage on March 31, 2009, 11:47:16 AM
Thank you Brooksie.  Would you happen to know the name of it and is the Yali Supermarket an easy place to spot?
Post by: Enişte on March 31, 2009, 11:53:37 AM
It''s above Cinar bar, behind the Yali supermarket, which is the white pyramid building on the left on the way up towards the Thursday market.  So I understand, not having been to a gym for decades!
Post by: Shellage on March 31, 2009, 12:07:43 PM
Thank you, we shall seek it out!
Post by: Blue Lizard on March 31, 2009, 01:39:00 PM
i love sitting outside the Cinar bar watching my expanding waistline while tuggiing on another Beer...evenmore so when it''s 90 degrees and sweaty people are pounding around up above!! ;D
Post by: Shellage on March 31, 2009, 01:51:33 PM
Ah yes.... likewise, I love nothing more than coming out of a sweaty gym, feeling righteous and fit knowing that the hour I could have spent supping on beer, has instead been spent getting myself in shape, ready for an evening of gourmet delights without guilt or the waistline to show for it!  :angel:
Post by: fidimax on March 31, 2009, 02:32:30 PM
I wouldnt use a gym in Kalkan,I can get all the exercise I need in a day walking from the village,up the Kalamar rd to the Pasha apt bar then back down to the village for a beer in Pasha bar,and I get sweaty and feel good doing it.   :o ;D >:D
Post by: BevJam on April 01, 2009, 08:16:36 AM
Shellage, We used the gym last week. It was fine all the basics you could need, and a great view out of the window whilst you''re keeping fit. Costs were 10YTl for an hour 40YTL for a week

BJ
Post by: Shellage on April 01, 2009, 07:43:23 PM
Hi BevJam,  thanks for the info!  One little question... is it air conditioned?  I had read somewhere that was a brand new state of the art gym, this one doesn''t sound like it.  But any gym is better than no gym!
Post by: BevJam on April 01, 2009, 09:41:23 PM
Yes it has air conditioning, it wasn''t on when we were there but it didn''t need to be. I''m sure it will be on in June. It is open from 8.00 am til late. It is modern and the equipment was in good condition
BJ
Post by: Shellage on April 02, 2009, 01:50:50 PM
Sounds perfect!  Thank you.
Post by: MartynE on April 02, 2009, 06:10:58 PM
I''ll also vouch for the condition and level of equipment in the gym.
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 02, 2009, 06:17:04 PM
The hills in Kalkan are exercise enough for me...beats anything I can do in a gym  :laugh:
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal