Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Money & Finance => Topic started by: FedEx on March 06, 2009, 01:42:19 PM

Title: Banking changes in Kalkan
Post by: FedEx on March 06, 2009, 01:42:19 PM
Deniz Bank is moving.  Friday 13th March is the last day that the branch will open in its current location.  With effect from Monday 16th March Deniz Bank will be found in new offices just above Yalı supermarket.
Title: Re: Banking changes in Kalkan
Post by: fidimax on March 06, 2009, 02:38:51 PM
Any idea what the old deniz bank is going to become ?
Post by: kalkan4eva on March 06, 2009, 03:51:27 PM
...a restaurant???
Post by: Blue Lizard on March 06, 2009, 05:05:47 PM
A bakers?........ it''s used to having dough in it!! :D :D

sorry...i''ll get my coat and leave!!
Post by: Chucky on March 06, 2009, 07:01:18 PM
After the day from Hell I had a work today, your comment brought a welcome smile to my face, so take your coat off!!! :laugh:
Joan :-*
Post by: baclava on March 16, 2009, 09:42:31 PM
Katie-Ellen - do you know if the Deniz Bank move was completed succesfully?
Post by: Chucky on March 16, 2009, 10:26:40 PM
Yes, did they leave any "dough" behind ;D
Post by: Rosie on March 17, 2009, 05:53:57 AM
The move did take place and they opened for business yesterday. Very smart inside, lovely red seating (but won''t be enough), and the staff have more privacy in their offices.
I know they needed to move cos the old building leaks during the winter and there wasn''t enough space for the staff, etc., but those are all the things that gave it character which I miss, so right now it just doesn''t feel the same walking into the new bank. No doubt given time.....
On the positive side though, the Cinar Bar should do well from the move with more people coming and going there. Here''s to progress... :)
Post by: fidimax on March 17, 2009, 06:01:38 PM
Any info on what the old bank is going to be ?
Post by: felicity on March 17, 2009, 06:29:05 PM
I am under the impression that if you use the Ziraat ATM (as a Denizbank customer) then you dont get charged for the withdrawal...can somebody confirm that...? 

If so, that will be useful for when the Deniz bank ATM breaks down or runs out of cash..!!

Cheers!  :)
Post by: Brooksie on March 17, 2009, 09:41:08 PM
Rosie
Being a Deniz Bank customer myself, I don''t get the, and I quote
"I know they needed to move cos the old building leaks during the winter and there wasn''''t enough space for the staff, etc., but those are all the things that gave it character which I miss, so right now it just doesn''t feel the same walking into the new bank. No doubt given time....." I think you missed the half hour ques do do any sort of transaction, oh how we laughed :D
Post by: Rosie on March 20, 2009, 07:11:15 PM
Oops, sorry Brooksie,
You''re right, I did miss out the long queues!
I always felt sorry for those that had to wait so long, as my number got called ahead of them, particularly in the hot summer months!!  :laugh:
Perhaps I''ll have a chance to experience them at the new place  ;D
Post by: headroom on March 20, 2009, 11:04:42 PM
Oops, sorry Brooksie,
You''''re right, I did miss out the long queues!
I always felt sorry for those that had to wait so long, as my number got called ahead of them, particularly in the hot summer months!!  :laugh:
Perhaps I''''ll have a chance to experience them at the new place  ;D
How did you get your number called before other people? I have often wondered how some people got served before me when they came in after me .  . . . how does that work?
Post by: Chucky on March 20, 2009, 11:29:11 PM
The colour of the ticket and type of transaction, I think
Post by: Rosie on March 21, 2009, 08:14:20 AM
To be honest Headroom, I''m not too sure! The ticket colour seems to be the same Joan, just the number is different.
I think perhaps it makes a difference having a card to swipe as the ticket number seems to be better for the queue than if you just touch the screen to get a ticket. Or perhaps they just want me out of there as fast as possible!!
Post by: felicity on March 21, 2009, 09:07:40 AM
As I understand it (from a turkish friend) if you are a premium customer - you have some sort of card which when you swipe it - allows you to jump the queue...!!  Exactly what you have to do to be a premium customer I''m not sure...but I love it when we go to the bank together and I get to jump the queue with him...LOL!!   ;D ;D ;D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal