Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions => Topic started by: M n M on March 04, 2009, 05:35:40 PM

Title: Walking in a winter wonderland
Post by: M n M on March 04, 2009, 05:35:40 PM
Thanks John for posting your lovely photographs of last Sundays walk near Sutlegen.

You wouldn''t believe that only an hour away from Kalkan on such a lovely sunny day, there would be so much snow.

It will be interesting to do this walk again in a month or so, to see how different it is.

M n M
Title: Re: Walking in a winter wonderland
Post by: BevJam on March 04, 2009, 09:27:34 PM
Looks like there''s still as much snow as when we went at New Year. It is a beautiful area. I think Errol told me his family live there, should have got the address for a warming cup of something! Bit cold for an Efes or at least no need for ice?
Bev

PS Maltesers on 3 for 2 so bought them, will bring over on the 20th
Post by: foreverkalkan on March 04, 2009, 10:50:32 PM
it looks lovely there, i want to go.....have you directions please
Post by: Buster on March 05, 2009, 08:17:08 AM
Sundays walk was just breathtaking; the photos don’t do justice to the fantastic scenery.

The Walk was in the area of Sütleğen Village about 45 minutes drive above Kalkan, at about 6,000 ft.

I would imagine that the scenery in spring when the apple orchards are in flower would also be spectacular.

Thanks once again to MnM for arranging such a great walk.

The Strollers were also out again on Tuesday 3rd march, visiting the Tomato distribution centre at Ovakoy and then a walk through the Patara ruins and then over the sand dunes on to the beautiful Patara beach.

There will not be a walk this coming Tuesday as we are going to Izmir with MnM;
to pick up a Flat Pack Wardrobe at Ikea and a Big Mac with extra fries from Burger King. ;D

See pictures at:  http://picasaweb.google.com/barryjv

See Album’s:

Tomato and Patara

Winter Kalkan March 2009, Sütleğen Village.

Post by: Joules on March 08, 2009, 05:59:47 AM
You may find it a little difficult to get a Big Mac at Burger King! :-)  I''d go for a whopper or find a McDonalds!
Post by: Buster on March 09, 2009, 01:50:11 PM
Hi Joules

We should have known you would be a leading authority on Burgers.

L & B  x   ;D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal