Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: fidimax on March 02, 2009, 02:28:05 PM

Title: Sky tv in Kalkan
Post by: fidimax on March 02, 2009, 02:28:05 PM
I have been asked by a friend in kalkan what he will need to get sky tv/sports in kalkan,would a box used in england work in turkey,can you get the sky sports channels on the internet,or is there any other way to get sky sports in kalkan/turkey ?

Any help please,Neil. ???
Title: Re: Sky tv in Kalkan
Post by: Blue Lizard on March 02, 2009, 03:05:07 PM
you can use a slingbox..this sends your signals from your home devices,Sky,T.v,freeview etc via your computer...not sure about technical info but we were watching it in Kalkan last year..(mrs Lizard Big brother addict!!) ;)
Post by: fidimax on March 02, 2009, 03:18:59 PM
Hiya my blue friend,I have heard about this slingbox thingy,but as the sky is not for me I dont know about legal things if someone in kalkan was using a slingbox connected to my sky box,it might cause a problem if they could watch box office and then I would get the bill,I think.
Post by: Blue Lizard on March 02, 2009, 03:40:41 PM
Neil my gigantuan friend (do you look like him off the sweetcorn tin?)......sorry i assumed it was your friend only who wanted to watch sky,not realising he would be renting out...tap sky tv in the search box at the top of the page...a couple of threads come up about sky...including a guy called Gary who is an installer...why not PM him for more info  :D
Post by: onelove on March 02, 2009, 04:00:37 PM
Hi,

I have a "Slingbox" up and working in our villa in Kalkan.....you get every channel you have at home...If you want more info PM me.
Post by: fidimax on March 02, 2009, 04:01:49 PM
Hiya Mr Lizard,re the chap on the sweetcorn tin,I only look that colour after a night on the Efes !
I think the best option for sky tv will be a slingbox and he can most likely sort it out in Kalkan.
Post by: felicity on March 02, 2009, 05:17:29 PM
Hi Neil - we have a slingbox at our villa and therefore our guests can pick up everything we have at home in the UK - all terrestial and Freeview channels (and Setanta sports possibly) but we DONT have Sky at home in the UK and therefore dont have it in Turkey - so not sure about the downloading of PAYG movies etc...!  The sling box works very effectively for us and our guests!!  ;)  But obviously you need to have an internet connection and a computer (of sorts) out in Turkey as it is TV across the internet!

There has definitely been a thread on this a few months ago - Gary seemed to know all about it!!

Cheers!  :D
Post by: fidimax on March 02, 2009, 05:23:53 PM
Thanks Felicity,I think the slingbox seems the easiest way,Ive just had a look on Ebay and the prices are ok.

Neil. :)
Post by: baclava on March 02, 2009, 08:21:57 PM
Looking at the size of the satellite dish outside the Swan Pub (about 3m dia) I think you would have to get your wall strengthened to install it on a villa or apartment !
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal