Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: fidimax on February 10, 2009, 03:49:19 PM

Title: Kalkan busy for summer season.
Post by: fidimax on February 10, 2009, 03:49:19 PM
For the last few days I have been checking places to stay in kalkan in july and august,most of the main
apt/hotels are full,it looks like its going to be a very busy summer season,maybe all the news paper reports
are right. :o 8) >:D
Title: Re: Kalkan busy for summer season.
Post by: Roxie on February 10, 2009, 04:00:41 PM
Have to agree. We could have rented our villa 3 times over. Pound seems to be strengthening now against most currencies
Post by: Brooksie on February 10, 2009, 04:05:11 PM
fidimax
Bookings in Turkey as a whole are up 32% on last year according to ABTA. More people are looking at Turkey because of the Euro (again ABTA). I hope that Kalkan does have a busy season which judging by some of the owners posts about bookings seems to indicate. Better book your holiday now.
Post by: fidimax on February 10, 2009, 04:26:03 PM
may is done, but I had to re-shuffle aug do to work,flight done just somewhere to stay.
Post by: Lougie on February 10, 2009, 04:30:34 PM
As much as it''s a good thing for villa owners, local business people & the Turkish economy, I think the more busy Kalkan becomes the more it will be spoilt as places always go with what the visitors want, i.e.fish & chips etc, there are already a few "Englishy" places serving things like sticky toffee pudding.

I just hope it stays the same for as long as possible.
Post by: fidimax on February 10, 2009, 04:53:38 PM
I never could understand people who holiday "abroad" and want english food and a pint of bitter,very strange  ???
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 10, 2009, 04:59:04 PM
It must be good for Kalkan to get the businesses rolling ....good job we aren''t all the same ,the world would be a very boring place otherwise :angel:
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal