Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Holiday Reports and Reviews => Topic started by: Lougie on January 06, 2009, 02:44:52 PM

Title: Winter Kalkan
Post by: Lougie on January 06, 2009, 02:44:52 PM
Hi,

After having just spent the last week in Kalkan, I thought I''d give you my holiday report.

Firstly, thanks to Sue & Sean for letting us rent their beautiful apartment, stunning views and great location.

We had a brilliant time & would definitely go again but I would have to say it is very very quiet & a very different holiday to the summer, AFTER New Years day there was very few restaurants open & no bars where open or they closed very early on in the evening, it was like a ghost town after dark!

Weather was good, sunny & warm but very chilly at night time, Saturday & Sunday there was lots of rain, it was still quite mild though, certainly a lot warmer than here.

New Years eve was great, we spent the night in ISO''s restaurant with all the locals, we had fires in the street to keep us warm, champagne, fireworks, lots of food & drink. After this walked round the town & it was really lovely, everyone out on the streets, wishing you a happy new year, we finished the night in the Pasha bar & was great as usual.

New Years day we had a swim in the sea, it was a little chilly in the sea but was a nice day so warm when we got out, certainly was refreshening!!

We had one day where we hired a car & went exploring, it is definitely a better of time for this as you don''t have to walk round in the heat.

We ate at ISO''s kitchen, IBO''s, Oz Adana & Adem from Bezigan kitchens cooked us 2 BBQ''s which where Delicious!

Other than that it was a very relaxing week, lots of eating & drinking, got to spend more time with our friends as they wasn''t working which was nice, we actually felt like locals & not tourists.

Title: Re: Winter Kalkan
Post by: Lougie on January 06, 2009, 02:49:24 PM
I forgot one very important thing, although the dogs are a big problem for me they where not as bad as I thought, I did not see any skinny looking dogs or any begging for food, in fact I''m sure there was less than in the summer, they didn''t look hungry to me!

I have to say that most of the dogs I saw had collars on them so where not strays.
Post by: Chucky on January 06, 2009, 09:47:18 PM
Thanks for this report Lougie.
It is interesting to read a Winter report for a change, and, as from previous reports on which restaurants and shops are now opening through out the winter, is another indication that Kalkan is slowly moving towards an all year round destination.
Thanks again
Joan
Post by: Reygirl on January 07, 2009, 07:37:43 PM
I was also in Kalkan over new year - my first winter visit and I loved it.  The days were warmer than I expected and it was fabulous walking on Patara beach on new year''s day with snow-capped mountains in the distance. 
Post by: onelove on January 08, 2009, 01:27:34 PM
Hi Lougie,

Thanks for your "Holiday Report".......It answered a lot of question''s for me.....well done

Would be great to hear other peoples reports ? !

Regards KD
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal