Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Hotspur57 on January 05, 2009, 08:39:29 PM

Title: Places to visit in and around Kalkan
Post by: Hotspur57 on January 05, 2009, 08:39:29 PM
I previously posted an enquiry about eating out in Kalkan - many thanks to all of you who responded.

My wife and I have now taken the plunge and booked two weeks at the Hotel Asfiya in July 2009. Whilst I anticipate that we will be spending most of our time relaxing in the sun I do like to spend some of my holiday time exploring the surrounding area. Any recommendations on places to visit? On a holiday website I saw a photograph of a river running through a gorge - does that sound familiar to anyone? Is it near Kalkan? 8)
Title: Re: Places to visit in and around Kalkan
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on January 05, 2009, 08:47:29 PM
Hi Hotspur,

Glad you have taken the plunge, I am sure you will love Kalkan. It sounds like you are referring to Saklikent Gorge - we have an excursion there, details are at http://enjoykalkan.com/v2/excursions/jeep-safari-xanthos-saklikent-patara-beach/ its a fantastic day out

Jon  :)
Title: Re: Places to visit in and around Kalkan
Post by: Rachey on January 05, 2009, 10:26:43 PM
Hi Hotspur

We went on the trip Jon refers to on our first visit to Kalkan last year.  It was a brilliant day, and Adda were excellent.  The Gorge is amazing - you''ll have a fun time.  You should also take a boat trip - so relaxing, and the cool sea breeze is refreshing whilst fishing to (hopefully) catch your lunch that the skipper will then barbecue for you!

You''ll love Kalkan - we went twice last year, and have just booked to return later this year...can''t wait!  :laugh:  And this from 2 people who previously would never go to the same place twice...then we found paradise in Kalkan!

Rachey
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal