Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Money & Finance => Topic started by: The Engineer on October 16, 2008, 04:28:19 PM

Title: uk Banks Could Benifit
Post by: The Engineer on October 16, 2008, 04:28:19 PM
Now that we have a major stake in the main UK banks perhaps we could try and make them as user friendly as Turkish banks. When I recently opened an account in the village, it was all very civilised I was offered a seat and Turkish tea. I was courteously told that my wait for an English speaking teller would be approximately 10 minutes (which it was) and I was dealt with very quickly and efficiently (whilst seated) and at the end of it given a business card with my "personal Banker''s" details and mobile number that can be called at any time. We have a lot to learn can you imagine your local Bank acting this way?

Richard 
Title: Re: uk Banks Could Benifit
Post by: hel66 on October 16, 2008, 06:44:04 PM
Try sticking a large amount into your UK bank and you''ll get the same treatment
Post by: turkeyfan on October 16, 2008, 06:48:31 PM
Maybe, but you don''t have to put a large amount into a Turkish bank to get the seat and tea.
Post by: Blue Lizard on October 16, 2008, 06:55:21 PM
my local branch of HSBC will give you a seat and coffee while you wait..but they will plague you with smartly dressed kids trying to sell you all types of products!! >:(
Post by: hel66 on October 16, 2008, 07:14:42 PM
Yeh tf.  you do if you want the mobile number and the personal banker.  You can go in a carpet shop or any shop and get a cup of tea in turkey
Post by: MartynE on October 16, 2008, 07:56:27 PM
Actually, hel66, you do get the personal banker and mobile phone number, even if you are opening an account with the minimum deposit - well, you do in the Kalkan Branch of Isbank, anyway! 

Elcin, the lovely girl in there who speaks really good English, is so charming and helpful it''s almost embarrassing... nothing is too much trouble.... fantastic customer service.

UK banks could learn a lot.
Post by: turkeyfan on October 16, 2008, 09:20:03 PM
We''ve got the mobile number and a personal banker at Denizbank and certainly don''t have a large amount of money in our account.
Post by: hel66 on October 16, 2008, 11:45:01 PM
Yes Martyn, Elcin might speak lovely English and be charming and  nothing might not be too much trouble for her, but what''s her tea like?

We [my OH and me} had a right big wack in yapikredi but their tea, my God......... now we''re with Deniz bank, slightly lower interest rates but much better tea
Post by: MartynE on October 17, 2008, 12:28:39 AM
Ahh, now that''s where they really score - Earl Grey only for their special English customers  :D
Post by: hel66 on October 17, 2008, 07:22:30 AM
My OH doesn''t like earl gray tea, he prefers the tea the Turks make, they call it chiy and they serve it in a small hourglass shaped glass. He usually has 2 sugar lumps in it as well.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal