Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Weather => Topic started by: kazaroni64 on October 08, 2008, 10:34:41 PM

Title: last week of october ?
Post by: kazaroni64 on October 08, 2008, 10:34:41 PM
we are going for week holiday to kalkan on the last week of october , i was wondering how is the weather like ?
Title: Re: last week of october ?
Post by: Reygirl on October 09, 2008, 07:08:07 AM
I went in the last week of October 2 years ago and the weather was beautiful and warm in the daytime but a bit nippy at night.  I don''t know if I was just lucky that particular week.
Post by: felicity on October 09, 2008, 08:33:27 AM
Hi Kaz - we go then too - have done for the past 3 years as it is half term for us!  We have had brilliant weather - although can be nippy at night - but I know it is unpredictable - for instance - last year - the week before we went was when the huge storm hit kalkan and washed cardiac hill into a pile of rubble in the harbour and many homes and businesses were flooded!

So I think - just be prepared for all sorts - but if you get sunshine - it will be lovely and warm and you will have a great time!

(PS - I have ordered good weather for that week - so we should all be OK..!!  ;) ;))
Post by: kazaroni64 on October 09, 2008, 04:46:38 PM
thanks every one , i was wondering if there is any bike hire in kalkan ?
Post by: felicity on October 09, 2008, 04:54:02 PM
LOL - are u havin'' a larf  ;D ;D ;D Cycle anywhere in kalkan - too many hills...!!  :o :o

Never seen any bike hire - but I wait to be corrected..!!!  ;) ;)
Post by: kazaroni64 on October 09, 2008, 05:19:23 PM
hi sorry i meant motorcycle , i was in marmaris last june and  i hired one .
Post by: kalkan4eva on October 09, 2008, 06:27:49 PM
think there''s already a thread on motorcycle hire - just type it into the search box - but from what I remember it wasn''t recommended - again because of the hills and something to do with legal requirements for hiring..but have a look yourself, Kaz.
Post by: Lougie on October 10, 2008, 04:11:45 PM
There is a small motorcycle hire place near the roundabout, I think??

Just to add to other comments about the time of year, the sea will also be lovely & warm, best time of year for swimming in the sea, I love it!!

Post by: yelkenite on October 10, 2008, 07:27:52 PM
I''ve never really understood why the sea can feel warmer than the pools. It does though.  Light jacket should suffice for the evenings - at least that''s what I''ve found around that time.  Bill
Post by: sally on October 10, 2008, 08:12:57 PM
I''''ve never really understood why the sea can feel warmer than the pools. It does though. 

It''s all to do with physics & volume - the sea is huge compared to a pool & holds its heat for far longer (& is 100000000000000000000 times nicer to swim in, IMO :D)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal