Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => Buying A Property & Real Estate => Topic started by: esmerelda on October 05, 2008, 01:41:13 PM

Title: recommendations for a GOOD lawyer with land deal experience please
Post by: esmerelda on October 05, 2008, 01:41:13 PM
Hi there,
This is my first posting on this forum, (although we are old kalkan hands) so I hope it will be a fruitful one.
We bought some land several years ago up in Kerdere, subject to a village tapu. With the regulations and new land survey that has been taking place, the government have now decided they will take nearly 50% of the land. We wish to appeal this (not the whole thing, just the extent of the appopriation) and employed a local lawyer to handle this for us in June when this problem first became apparent. Needless to say, so far no progress has been made since then and we need to find someone who can act more quickly & efficiently for us & keep us apprised of progress.

Can any of you recommend a lawyer in Fetiye or Kas that speaks good English, that is experienced with land deals. That is critical as weills etc is standard stuff - this case is going into new territory (ha!) If so could you post their contact details please. Many thanks in advance.
Title: Re: recommendations for a GOOD lawyer with land deal experience please
Post by: felicity on October 05, 2008, 01:53:23 PM
Why don''t you try EverythingLegal in Fethiye - I think they will be able to help you - they speak excellent english and I know that they have gotten involved with land disputes.  They have been well received by people on this forum - they also did our wills and we were very impressed with them.  everythinglegal@hotmail.co.uk  Good luck - sounds a bit of a nightmare..!!

Cheers!
Title: Re: recommendations for a GOOD lawyer with land deal experience please
Post by: esmerelda on October 05, 2008, 06:40:35 PM
well - I AM impressed with the speed of the responses on this forum!!!!my thanks to felicity & lantana who sent me a PM we will certainly be following both of these up in the next couple of days.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal