Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions => Topic started by: Pebble on August 30, 2008, 05:43:33 PM

Title: Re: Walking/ boat trip in September
Post by: Pebble on August 30, 2008, 05:43:33 PM
Hi M n M
We are arriving back in Kalkan on 20th September for probably our last visit this year and were wondering if you will be organising any walks then or will it still be a bit too warm.  We would love to join you and others on a (not too strenuous) walk any time after 22nd Sept. We will bring our walking boots  ;D  P
Post by: M n M on September 01, 2008, 08:59:44 AM
Hi Pebble.
If the weather isn''t too hot, there will definitely be a walk or two whilst you are here.
As we haven''t done much walking over the last three months, we won''t be doing anything too strenuous.
When our walking friends came over in May, we did a four hour walk from Kilicli to Aperllae and then a boat picked us up there. Then we sailed over the sunken city and had lunch on board. There was time for a swim and then back to Kekova. This is just one idea as anyone who doesn''t walk could join us. They would go to Myra and then sail from Kekova to Aperllae to meet the walkers.
The more people there are, the cheaper it is.
Will see if we get any response, and if not we can always walk more local.
Look forward to seeing you later this month.
M n M
Post by: mark on September 01, 2008, 04:48:32 PM
I am arriving on the 8th September with my grown up son and we would be up for a walk anytime.  He goes back on the 19th but I will be there through the first week of Oct.  Like the idea of mixed walking and boat trip. 

There will also be 10-15 friends visiting during the month who might be interested too.

Mark
Post by: Pebble on September 01, 2008, 07:00:59 PM
Hi M n M Love the idea of a walk combined with a boat trip.  Definately count us in on that. See you both later in the month.  P
Title: Re: Re: Walking/ boat trip in September
Post by: Chucky on September 01, 2008, 09:08:07 PM
Hi Malcolm and Marian,
I have started a new thread for this, so it will be easier to assess the response.
Ray and I are definitely up for the boat trip part.
By the way have you seen the tips on places to visit in Cappo from China cat in the Everything else section.
Joan
Post by: Wendy on September 02, 2008, 10:00:25 AM
If it''s between the 15th Sept and 1st Oct we''d like to come too please.
Wendy & Stevo.
Post by: M n M on September 03, 2008, 11:36:21 AM
Thanks for your interest. We will go and check the availability for the mini-bus and boat for the 26th September.
M n M
Post by: M n M on September 05, 2008, 11:44:20 AM
Hi everyone.
Bus and boat are available on the 26th September, so we have booked them.
We will leave Kalkan at 08.00am.
Now we need to know how many people are definitely going, to organise the food for the boat and seats on the bus.
This is not a trip where you can just turn up on the day and hope to join us, as the chances are you will be disappointed.
Looking forward to a good day out.
M n M
Post by: Pebble on September 05, 2008, 03:31:47 PM
We will definitely be coming too
Post by: mark on September 05, 2008, 04:53:01 PM
I would like to book one place for both walk and boat trip.

I will also pass on to friends who will be around at that time.

Thanks for arranging this.

Mark
Post by: Wendy on September 05, 2008, 10:34:06 PM
Wendy / Stevo
Definately. Will bring my walking boots. Thank you.
Post by: M n M on September 06, 2008, 09:04:27 AM
John, Wendy, Stevo, Mark, Stewart, Pebble, Clashgour x 2, Ray, Joan - All booked on the trip for the 26th.
You will need to bring a snack and plenty of water, if you are walking.
Please let us know if you would need to be picked up from the Petrol Station, rather than from behind the Kaya restaurant.
M n M
Post by: Pebble on September 06, 2008, 11:06:02 AM
Thanks M n M really looking forward to it
Post by: littlelin on September 06, 2008, 05:11:08 PM
Well I hope you all have a good time. We don''t arrive till the next morning. There was an earlier thread about extendable walking sticks. Saw some in Wilkinsons this morning, complete with light and compass, were £5 but I think they may have had 50% off.You won''t need them on the boat of course. :laugh:
Post by: Wendy on September 06, 2008, 10:04:06 PM
Behind the petrol sttion for us please.
Post by: Hannah on September 07, 2008, 08:33:10 AM
Would love to join you for the boat only pls if there are still places.  My only problem is what time would we get back to Kalkan?  Problem for me if its a long day. 

Having a problem with Cappidocia trip for same reason.  Trying to organise something for that.  Will let you know ASAP.  (Paid deposit in Kaya after speaking to you)
Post by: mark on September 08, 2008, 06:25:52 PM
Another couple are interested in joining the walk and boat trip - are there still places.  If there are, it is Mark x 3.  I am flying in tomorrow.  Let me know if I need to pay a deposit. 

Thanks again.

Mark
Post by: M n M on September 10, 2008, 12:33:01 PM
Hi Mark.
No problem, we have booked you four places on the bus.
No doubt we will see you around Kalamar over the next few days.
M n M
Post by: mark on September 13, 2008, 07:34:21 AM
Thanks M n M,

There is just the three of us - myself and a couple, Erol and Mojgan. 

I am getting ready with walking into Kalkan and back every day - more amazing is the fact my son has joined me.

Hope to see you around.

Mark
Kalamar Meltem Apartments

Post by: M n M on September 13, 2008, 11:23:54 AM
Thanks for your post Mark. Three places booked on the trip.
Don''t know if you are going to the meet-up at Atlantis tomorrow night, but if you are we will see you there.
The pick up points for the trip will be:-
                                                   Petrol Station                                      07.45am

Kalamar Road, junction with Lale Sokak     07.55am

Gift shop across from Breeze restaurant    08.00am

Kisla, Patara Prince junction                    08.05am

We know this is an early start when you are on holiday, but the walkers will need to try and avoid the hottest part of the day. Please let us know where you would like to be picked up.

M n M
Post by: Wendy on September 13, 2008, 04:31:30 PM
Petrol Station for Wendy & Stevo please.
Post by: Chucky on September 13, 2008, 05:22:37 PM
Gift shop across from Breeze, please
Joan
Post by: Pebble on September 13, 2008, 06:08:05 PM
Where about along Kalamar road is Lale Sokak junction please  ???
Post by: M n M on September 14, 2008, 08:51:51 AM
Hi Pebble. Will pick you up outside your apartment as its on the main Kalamar road.

M n M
Post by: Pebble on September 14, 2008, 12:49:49 PM
Thanks M n M that would be fab. Looking forward to a great day out.
Post by: Hannah on September 14, 2008, 06:47:11 PM
1 place please, if still poss.  Pickup from Kisla.  Where & when can I meet you for payment?
Post by: Cosetta on September 15, 2008, 09:06:36 AM
Two questions.  Does the Kekova boat go to that gorgeous long bay about 20'' outside of the main Kekova area?  I think it is called Kos, Kus, Klos, Los ... don''t remember !  It is a very long bay, very beautiful, Baris usually ties up at the end and puts his BBQ on the rocks.  If you are going there, I''ll join you all. 

Are you planning to walk for 4 hours?  This is what the original post seems to suggest.

Carole
Post by: M n M on September 15, 2008, 11:45:37 AM
No problem Hannah, will pick you up on the main Kas road by Patara Prince.
Will collect the money on the bus, as price depends on how many people are going.
We have 19 people up to now.
Look forward to seeing you then, if not before.
M n M
Post by: M n M on September 15, 2008, 11:59:08 AM
Hi Cosetta.
Not sure about the name of the bay, as there are no names on our map.
The boat will pick the walkers up at Aperlae, then sail round to a bay where we will have our lunch.
The boat sails from the harbour and bears right, not left where most of the tourist boats go.
We will sail over the sunken city later.
Yes the walk will take approx 4 hours, at a steady pace. Up to now 12 people are doing the walk.
Please let us know if you would like to go.
M n M
Post by: Cosetta on September 15, 2008, 12:47:02 PM
Okay for the boat, no to walking this time.  Pick up at gift shop across from Breeze.  Thanks, Carole
Post by: Chucky on September 15, 2008, 07:46:25 PM
Hi Carole,
This is details M and M passed to me.
The non-walkers on the trip will go to Myra to look at the site, and then to Andriake beach for some refreshment. Then on to Kekova to get on the boat and sail to Apperlae to pick up the walkers. Short sail and then lunch on board. Opportunities to swim. Then sail over sunken city and to Simena, where people can go and look at the castle if they wish. Facilities at all points.
Sounds good. We are looking forward to the trip and meeting old and new friends.
See you then
Joan

Post by: mark on September 24, 2008, 03:11:04 PM
Hi M n M

Are there any more places on the walk/boat trip?  Another friend is sounding interested to join.

Mark
Post by: M n M on September 25, 2008, 08:45:24 AM
Hi Mark
Yes there is still a place left on the trip.
Will need to know asap for booking the food on the boat.
Have PMd you with our telephone number.
M n M
Post by: Kalkan regular on September 28, 2008, 09:28:00 PM
If people are coming out and want to walk with the group how do they do this?
Post by: mark on September 29, 2008, 08:27:13 AM
Just wanted to say that this was a great way for myself and three friends to experience walking on part of the Lycian way for the first time.  Definitely want to do this again on future trips to Kalkan.  Mixed walking and boat trip was also just right in terms of exercise and relaxation.  Good company and good food on the boat too.

Thanks again to Malc and Marion.

Mark
Post by: Kalkan regular on September 29, 2008, 06:40:01 PM
Thanks Jon - whilst I''m not a walker (can just about manage getting to the restaurant/pub and need to know there is liquid refreshment when I get there) I know that some of our guests are and would love to walk with people who know the area better and that it would really improve the quality of their Kalkan experience. I''ll PM you when I need the info. Thanks.
Post by: Chucky on September 30, 2008, 12:09:57 PM
Just to say that Ray and I thoroughly enjoyed our day out and loved the boat trıp. Isabel and Dıane also want to pass on theır thanks.
It ıs very hot and dry here, we are havıng to copıous amounts of Efes!!!!
Joan
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal