Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: MrBodrum on August 18, 2008, 09:02:45 PM

Title: Gay Bars?
Post by: MrBodrum on August 18, 2008, 09:02:45 PM
I am going to Kalkan for my 1st time next week (after visiting Turkey over 20 times in the last 15 years) and was wondering if there are any gay bars / clubs in Kalkan?

Thanks
Title: Re: Gay Bars?
Post by: kalkan wife on August 18, 2008, 09:27:11 PM
Although I won''t claim to know all the bars and restaurants in Kalkan (hic) , I am pretty sure there are no bars specifically aimed at the gay community. However, I do know a number of gay men and women who visit Kalkan and always seem to have a great time! 
Post by: MrBodrum on August 18, 2008, 09:29:43 PM
Thanks kalkanwife!

Any bars you can highly recommend (or restaurants?)

Thanks
Post by: kalkan wife on August 25, 2008, 07:19:15 PM
Where do I start!
Actually, there are a number of different posts all over the forum on recommended bars and restaurants so I suggest you do a search on those words, bound to come up with something! I think there is something here for everyone, I hope you and your partner have a great holiday and enjoy Kalkan.
Post by: kalcamp on August 26, 2008, 08:06:09 AM
I''m sorry Mr. Bodrum, but I don''t think there are any bars specifically for gays in Kalkan as they are all mixed, I don''t know how comfortable you and your partner might feel expressing yourselves in a mixed atmosphere, Kalkan tends to be a bit conservative in attitude, although this may change as tourism grows here.

Post by: MrBodrum on September 09, 2008, 11:22:48 PM
Had an amzaing time in Kalkan (even if prices are inflated) Found some lovely restaurants - the best of which was COAST.  All in all a lovely week in Kalkan, and would highly recommend it.

Dale
Post by: Chucky on September 10, 2008, 08:00:16 AM
Hi Dale,
Thanks for taking the time to let us know how you got on and pleased you enjoyed your holiday.
Joan
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal