Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Suomipoika on June 21, 2007, 10:53:19 AM

Title: Is there WiFi in Kalkan?
Post by: Suomipoika on June 21, 2007, 10:53:19 AM
Is there free / open WiFi/WLAN anywhere in Kalkan?
Title: Re: Is there WiFi in Kalkan?
Post by: Cosetta on June 21, 2007, 01:28:26 PM
Free?  Not that I know of unless maybe you go sit in someone's office.
Post by: Babadag on June 21, 2007, 03:53:48 PM
Last year we used to take our laptop down to foto (pancake place behind the taxi rank) and use their WiFi. They were quite happy and didnt charge but obviously we always bought drinks while sitting there and had some very reasonable meals there too.
Post by: itstime on June 21, 2007, 05:48:38 PM
I love the Foto, fantastic view, simple delicious and very cheap food and staff always seem really nice. And after a large meal you can chill out on the cushions on the floor of the roof terrace with a long cool drink :) Only problem for me is after all the food and a few drinks I dread trying to get up from the floor with any kind of intact dignity ;D
Post by: Babadag on June 21, 2007, 06:54:58 PM
I know what you mean about getting up from the floor cushions especially if you have had one of the special pancakes!
They had a computer there too for internet access but presumably you had to pay for that. Having our own laptop we didnt ask but it cant have been expensive because a teenage girl seemed to be on MSN all evening whenever we were there.
Post by: felicity on June 21, 2007, 07:16:03 PM
You don't need it to be free - coz it is SOOOO cheap in the internet cafes - I seem to remember it was about 1 lira for half hour or maybe 1 hour - so don't worry - it is not going to break your bank..!! ;D  There is an internet cafe near the white mosque in town and also on the way up to the Nur and Kartin supermarket and many of the hotels (if you stay there) have free internet access for guests - so they are definitely wired up in Kalkan.

Cheers!
Post by: clashgour on April 18, 2008, 12:26:39 PM
It''s nearly a year since this topic was raised.  Does anyone know if there is any more wifi in Kalkan this year?

Alan
Post by: Mercimek on April 18, 2008, 03:28:07 PM
There is quite a bit, you just need to be in the right place at the right time! Many businesses have wifi and if it''s secured will usually give to the password to allow you to use it.

For example there are a couple on the harbour, but you would need to use the restaurants to ask to use it as I think they are secured. It''s worth bringing your laptop and I am sure you will find somewhere to use it. Until everyone opens this year it''s hard to say who will be offering ''free wireless internet'' but I am sure many will. In fact I find it easier to find open wireless in Turkey than in the UK.

Alternatively there are a few internet cafes.
Post by: Em1 on April 18, 2008, 09:05:49 PM
Hi
I use to use the internet cafe opposite the kaya bar, but it has closed and moved into town, one street down. However it has quadrupled in price and I paid about £1 for 15 minutes each time I was there.
The Korsan Kebap has a free wireless internet connection for laptop users who have a drink or food this year...which was good when I used it at Easter.
Em
Post by: Brooksie on April 21, 2008, 10:18:40 AM
Omars Kitchen has internet acess. You can sit and have a drink and surf away. Just ask him and he will give you the password. I use it every Thursday while Mrs B is at the market.
Post by: clashgour on April 22, 2008, 02:43:57 PM
Thanks for all of the helpful responses.  We arrive in Kalkan (laptop in hand) on Friday for two months so should have plenty of opportunities to try them all!  Alan
Post by: Chucky on April 22, 2008, 06:14:46 PM
Hi Alan, if you find any more "HotSpots" please let us all know.
Thanks
Joan
Post by: Cuddles on May 25, 2008, 10:00:25 PM
Samira de luxe is advertising wifi, not sure about any conditions/charges attached though.
Post by: Pebble on May 26, 2008, 03:06:56 PM
Cafe Vita on Kalamar road and Rendezvous restaurant both offer free Wi-fi
Post by: hellothere on June 04, 2008, 07:59:55 PM
Hi

The owner of the Atlantis a few metres down Kalamar Road told me he has Wifi you can tune into if you take your laptop or mobile with you

Post by: Chucky on June 09, 2008, 09:44:13 PM
You can also use the computer at the Atlantis, if you do not want to take your lap tops with you. They also have "Happy Hour" every night.
Post by: Mercimek on June 11, 2008, 09:46:07 AM
As do Trio, Coast, Mediteran Aparts, Fotos........
Title: Re: Is there WiFi in Kalkan? ( 2009)
Post by: eskender100 on March 17, 2009, 07:38:14 PM
seen various postings last year has the situation changed this year ????

Don''t want to lug PC over next week to find no access

Thanks
Post by: Cuddles on March 17, 2009, 08:48:37 PM
Samira de luxe is advertising wifi, not sure about any conditions/charges attached though.

Should have updated this last year, forgot though as brain was being washed.

Samira de luxe do not charge for wifi but, obviously, do expect users to shed some lira at the bar.
Post by: Chucky on March 17, 2009, 08:52:22 PM
Lug away, lots of places offer this facility.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal