Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Money & Finance => Topic started by: andynods on July 29, 2008, 05:12:48 PM

Title: Mastercard in Turkey
Post by: andynods on July 29, 2008, 05:12:48 PM
I take it everywhere takes Mastercard in Kalkan?

I am out next week and I am too late to get the Nationwide Flex account.

I think the best option for me is to pay for everything that i can on Mastercard (restaurants, hotel etc.) and then take some travellers cheques / money for the rest. This plan is foiled if a significant number of places don''t take Mastercard though.

Thanks in advance.
Title: Re: Mastercard in Turkey
Post by: DRBD on July 29, 2008, 05:38:14 PM
Most places take MC, some problems do arrive with Maestro where card numbers begin with a 6......... in some places here in the UK & abroad.
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 29, 2008, 06:40:10 PM
Andynods...just make sure (as you would in this country) that you don''t let the card out of your sight when paying for anything. There is another thread on this forum about credit cards and cloning. Just type "credit cards" into the search facility and I''m sure it will come up. I''m not good with plastic...I always think someone''s cloned my card when I get the balance :o...and then realise it was me after all when the statement arrives!!  ;)
Have a great time!
Post by: Vieux con on July 30, 2008, 10:20:37 PM
We''re out to Kalkan in two days time (YES!!!!!), just had a question in from the Belgian contingent. They would prefer to use Maestro over VISA for ATM withdrawals. Saw the post above from DRBD, can anyone shed more light?

Post by: DRBD on July 31, 2008, 08:59:58 AM
Vieux con 

This information is from our experience and a conversation with the bank.  Even in the UK Maestro is not always accepted, very similar to American Express.
Post by: Vieux con on July 31, 2008, 01:33:46 PM
DRBD,
Thanks for the heads-up. Just got the guys to check with their bank in Belgium, who said not to worry... We shall see.
Post by: DRBD on July 31, 2008, 04:24:32 PM
Am quite sure you will have no problems & enjoy.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal