Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: paul1969h on July 27, 2008, 11:44:50 AM

Title: radio stations
Post by: paul1969h on July 27, 2008, 11:44:50 AM
Can any one tell me if there is a local radio station that broadcast in english, and if so what frequence
they broadcast at

thanks

PAUL
Title: Re: radio stations
Post by: Lantana on July 27, 2008, 04:48:35 PM
You will find all the information you need on http://www.trt.net.tr/voiceofturkey/turizm.htm

TRT, the national state  radio and television Broadcaster of Turkey (the equivalent of the BBC) runs a tourism channel. The frequency in Kalkan is 105.9.

Lantana
Post by: Gary on July 27, 2008, 05:15:45 PM
Hi Paul

I have  some satellite radios imported from the uk your have to email me as i do not want to be banned on my 3rd post, i do run a company here in turkey so as i said e-mail me, very impressive i use one myself

Gary
Post by: paul1969h on July 27, 2008, 07:12:27 PM
THANKS for the info, i have printed off the list of channels form the link you provided.Gary thanks for you replay but i am only looking for a radio channel for when i am in Kalkan for two week on hol, to play some music by the pool.

Thanks

PAUL
Post by: Cuddles on August 06, 2008, 08:38:58 PM
Hah, just been in France and the only radio station on the Cote d''Azur is "Riviera Radio", an endless repeat of the same boring music played back to back through the day. However, even that was more interesting than "Turizm Radio". How do they select their presenters? Expressionless, dull and when they read out the tourist features in English listening becomes quite painful. In fact setting my computer to read text has more expression.
Listen to the local Turkish stations and try and learn the language or buy an ipod to take out with you.
Post by: Chucky on August 08, 2008, 08:36:09 PM
You can listen to local Kalkan radio on line at wwwkalkanradio.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal