Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: Annie on July 20, 2008, 01:00:38 PM

Title: Food on Onur Air
Post by: Annie on July 20, 2008, 01:00:38 PM
We are flying with Onur out of Manchester on a 7.30am flight in August.  Does anyone know if we can purchase a breakfast or anything resembling one on this flight.  Thanks Annie
Title: Re: Food on Onur Air
Post by: itstime on July 20, 2008, 01:05:25 PM
Flew back with Onur Air the other day. No breakfast I''m afraid. They do sell sandwiches and wraps. Think they had cheese, chicken and err various combinations of cheese and chicken  ::)
Post by: Kalkan regular on July 20, 2008, 06:08:03 PM
Why not eat at the airport or you can buy sandwiches from boots in the airport.
Post by: Chucky on July 20, 2008, 06:24:08 PM
I always try and buy a "meal deal" at Boots. That way I can have a snack when we arrive in Kalkan or on the plane if the food is  yuck!!
Post by: littlelin on July 20, 2008, 09:01:00 PM
 If anyone is flying out of Gatwick, there is a large Tesco at Horley just a couple of minutes from the terminals. Ideal for those last minute purchases and sandwiches for the flight. The queues at the shops in the terminals can be horrendous.
Post by: Annie on July 21, 2008, 09:08:21 AM
Thanks for all your replies.  I was a little unsure as to whether or not we could take our own food on board, which is something I prefer to do anyway.  Is it just drinks that aren''t allowed?  Sorry to appear dense but get confused over the ever changing regulations!
Post by: jofoss on July 21, 2008, 10:28:52 AM
I think that as long as you buy items after you have gone thru'' security then it is ok as far as food and drink are concerned. This is what we did in June when we flew with Onur Air and had no problems. The food and drink on the aircraft are limited so it is advisable to BYO ;D
Post by: Kalkan regular on July 21, 2008, 11:46:31 AM
yes you can take your own food through security but not drink
Post by: Cuddles on July 21, 2008, 02:02:16 PM
There is also the M&S store on the land side. We tend to use it going and coming back now.
Post by: Blue Lizard on July 21, 2008, 02:54:27 PM
we use the M&S for stuff when we land coming home...bread milk etc..if i did a big shop it would have paid for another flight!! :o
Post by: Annie on July 23, 2008, 08:54:47 AM
Thanks again for yet more brilliant advice, don''t know what I would do without this site!
Post by: Babs on July 23, 2008, 09:25:17 AM
there is good advice about what you can and can''t take through security on the BAA (airports) website
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal