Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Everything Else & Classifieds => The Everything Else Area! => Topic started by: yelkenite on July 07, 2008, 08:02:59 PM

Title: Lewis Hamilton's British GP Drive
Post by: yelkenite on July 07, 2008, 08:02:59 PM
Just want to draw peoples attention and admiration for Lewis Hamilton''s drive at the British GP yesterday. In the face of terrible weather conditions and the whole field around him slithering around, he drove his socks off to win the GP with an amazing 68.5 seconds lead; a lead I hadn''t seen for a dogs age if at all before.  Brilliant.  Nice to see someone carrying the flag for British Sports these days.
Bill
Title: Re: Lewis Hamilton's British GP Drive
Post by: jinfizzz on July 07, 2008, 08:38:14 PM
How gutting is this?  My son won tickets for the race and when he got there, realised there were 4 tickets rather than the 2 he thought he''d won.  So he left me at home in the warm and dry (tee hee) to watch Lewis''s wonderful victory and Nadal to boot!  Maybe on this occasion I''ll not nag too much! LOL
Post by: Cuddles on July 19, 2008, 04:47:01 PM
A bit late but, yes, a truly remarkable drive and driver. On pole for tomorrow in Germany too. (With the possibility of rain).
Those adverts on ITV interrupting the racing really make my blood boil. Thank goodness it''s back on the Beeb next year.
Post by: yelkenite on July 19, 2008, 07:02:17 PM
Actually grumpygrampy re the switch to the BBC - I hadn''t heard they''d got it back and yes it''s great that we dont have those rotten advertising breaks.  Bill
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal