Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Money & Finance => Topic started by: The Reds on June 25, 2008, 04:40:02 PM

Title: company accounts/accountants
Post by: The Reds on June 25, 2008, 04:40:02 PM
Hi all,
When we purchased our property we had to set up a Turkish Company, foreigner''s could not buy where we are. There was no problem and everything was taken care of. What is troubling us are the accountants charges, there is a nominal amount per month, a payment to the chambers of commerce and a fee to the accountant. Now the accountants bill is 150YTL per month and this works out more than were paying the government! We are not a trading business, we live here full time.
Does everyone use accountants from Kalkan? is there better value elsewhere? If so please could you recommend.

Many Thanks
Title: Re: company accounts/accountants
Post by: kevincat99 on June 25, 2008, 09:59:12 PM
This is the problem that you inherit when you cannot get a TAPU registered to a foreigner - there is a cost each month even if you are not trading
There have been people on the forum saying that our builder has helped us [as we cannot get a TAPU due to the current buying problems] but all too often he does it to ensure a sale and the buyer is left with the ongoing costs etc
Post by: Chucky on June 25, 2008, 10:12:26 PM
I think they appreciate this now and that is why they are asking for advice.

Post by: kevincat99 on June 25, 2008, 11:03:53 PM
I understand its about 80 YTL a month if it is a dormant company but once you have assets i.e. a villa it about doubles but I will ask for you
Post by: The Reds on June 26, 2008, 07:14:22 AM
Thanks for the input. So it looks like these costs are standard and we are being charged the going rate. I understand that there was going to be an ongoing cost, I just thought that it was a little bit excessive.
My husband was paying the same amount to his accountant in the UK, I just assumed it would be a little cheaper here.
What I would like to know, is anybody using an accountant from outside Kalkan, are you allowed to do that? As with a lot of things, prices tend to come down when theres competition. 
Post by: felicity on June 26, 2008, 07:17:32 AM
Hi Mariesar - I can''t see why you can''t use an accountant out of Kalkan - prices are bound to be a tad cheaper too...!!  Why not ask Everythinglegal in Fethiye for the name of their recommended accountant.  I (and many others on this forum) have recommended them for their legal services - so I''m sure that they could come up with the name of a reputable accountant for you..just an idea..??  :)
Post by: The Reds on June 26, 2008, 07:23:30 AM
Thank for that, I will call them today.
Post by: routemaster on July 04, 2008, 02:08:34 PM
If you are setting up a company solely to avoid restrictions that would apply to you as an individual you may be in trouble. If on the other hand the company you have set up is a bona fide company trading in other areas then you''re ok.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal