Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Money & Finance => Topic started by: bennyboo on June 19, 2008, 04:41:15 PM

Title: current exchange rate ?
Post by: bennyboo on June 19, 2008, 04:41:15 PM
Does anyone know the current exchange rate in Kalkan from sterling to lira ?  Must be a better rate than the UK
Title: Re: current exchange rate ?
Post by: felicity on June 19, 2008, 04:41:38 PM
2.35 lira to the pound - last week!

Cheers!
Post by: kevincat99 on June 19, 2008, 07:41:35 PM
I am sorry but what is the point of knowing the exchange rate today or last week as it changes daily.
Use a site such as xe.com for current information - but always get currency in Turkey and in small amounts unless the rate is high 
Post by: Em1 on June 19, 2008, 08:29:19 PM
Hi
Giving the exchange rate of last week, is like saying telling someone it was raining last week, when asked what the weather is like today??
Em
Post by: yelkenite on June 21, 2008, 12:18:48 AM
well having just got back today my friend changed some sterling up for Turkish yesterday at the post office and got 2.40.  It had been around 2.43 earlier in the week.  One big shock for me was changing a 100 quid up for essentials at the airport and being totally ripped off at 2.00 - yes you read it right   2 lit to the pound.   Mitigated by  ''we dont charge comission here''.  How generous of them!  lol    bill
Post by: littlelin on June 22, 2008, 07:24:55 AM
The exchange rate given in the post office may be higher than the local shops but you pay commission so it actually works out the same. The Desti shop was giving a better rate than most but he charged me commission, the next time we were actually buying a picture there and he didn''t. Normally just change the money in Baris'' shop.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal