Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: fiona1 on June 15, 2008, 06:56:03 PM

Title: Shuttle from Dalaman to Kalkan
Post by: fiona1 on June 15, 2008, 06:56:03 PM
Hi
I have heard that there is a new shuttle service direct from Dalaman to Kalkan costing approx £15 each way. Has anybody heard anything about this? Apparently it runs from the taxi rank. Anybody know anything about it?

thanks
Title: Re: Shuttle from Dalaman to Kalkan
Post by: mark on June 15, 2008, 10:41:48 PM
It would be really good to hear if this is true. 

Not sure if this is what you meant, but the Izmir - Kalkan bus stops at the Dalaman Otogar (it also stops in Fetiyeh).  This is not a shuttle but a coach by Pammakule (sp?).  I caught it in the other direction: Kalkan Otogar -> Dalaman Otogar.  It is very clean, great ride, and cost only YTL 18.  The only issue is that I had to go to the station to find out the times as it is not an ''on-the-hour'' schedule.  And, you then need to catch a taxi into the airport.  Next time I travel out by myself, I will stop and have a bite to eat at one of the cafes in Dalaman as they are likely to be much better than what is found in the airport.  BTW, I was charged a flat fee of YTL 25 from Dalaman to the airport and I did not check that the meter was on.  Best to check on this as it seems high to me.

Mark
Post by: Pauline on June 15, 2008, 11:00:31 PM
That sounds good Mark - will give it a try sometime.   Does it go during the night? Pauline
Post by: bryher on June 16, 2008, 06:04:59 AM
I understand that this is a service offered by ADDA. I am not in K at the moment but I am sure someone could enquire   Tom
Post by: Hoca on June 16, 2008, 07:33:02 AM
Ther is a shuttle that runs out of the old belidiye at £15 e/w, i would assume that it goes 2 times a day, meaning you could be in the airport a long time may as well get the bus into Dalaman then a taxi to the airport or if you are on Thomascook or Thomson try asking the rep if there is room on the transfer bus
Post by: littlelin on June 16, 2008, 03:45:18 PM
The website advertising the shuttle is: http://www.kalkantourismtransport.com/ 
Post by: Kalkan regular on June 16, 2008, 05:30:40 PM
The website doesn''t seem to mention a shuttle unless I am missing something.
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on June 16, 2008, 05:36:50 PM
I will have more details soon about a shuttle service :D
Post by: Reygirl on June 16, 2008, 06:21:45 PM
Adda are offering a shuttle on Mondays and Fridays, approximately every 3 hours.  I made an enquiry over the weekend and that''s the information that came back.  However, at £20 per person each way it wouldn''t be of benefit to anyone other than a single traveller.
Post by: mark on June 16, 2008, 11:24:48 PM
Pauline - I don''t know if they run at night; I am pretty sure the Fetiyeh <-> Dalaman bus does not run through the night.

Littlelin - I could not see anything on that site regarding an airport shuttle - just the normal xfer approach.

The £15 or £20 shuttle would be good value if it is regular.  Presumably, ADDA are filling up seats on their clients'' changeover days so it may not be always available.  Worth looking into.

Mark

Post by: littlelin on June 17, 2008, 07:07:31 AM
I couldn''t see anything either on the website but some little boys were giving out these cards down the town last week.
Post by: Kalkan regular on June 17, 2008, 10:02:31 AM
At £20 each way it still works out £20 cheaper than £100 for a return for two people.
Post by: alantj on June 17, 2008, 11:41:22 AM
Or 3 if you have to buy them at Dalaman while you are waiting for the shuttle. That''s only !.5 each to while away the hours. At £40 return I would far rather pay the extra £20 to have a taxi waiting for us.     

However, we do have a single friend who will be visiting us in July, so I would be interested from hearing from anyone who knows about or has used the shuttle - e.g does it pick up/drop off at your accommodation or do you get it from the bus station. 

Regards

Alan
Post by: Chucky on June 17, 2008, 06:33:05 PM
And what time it sets off?
Thanks
Joan
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal