Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: kasska on June 01, 2008, 04:31:53 PM

Title: Follow up to Onur Air
Post by: kasska on June 01, 2008, 04:31:53 PM
As a follow up to my post on Onur Air, I have just returned and can report back that the outward flight was on time but the return flight was delayed by 2 hours. Leg room was tight but otherwise everything was OK and the staff on the return flight were extremely cheerful, with one of the stewards cracking jokes the whole time and keeping everyone smiling.

I would have no worries about flying with Onur Air again. Having opened up a can of worms with my previous post which was only about food, I felt the airline deserved this post at least.
Title: Re: Follow up to Orun Air
Post by: Blue Lizard on June 01, 2008, 04:59:47 PM
not sure about the can of worms ? think i''d take sarnies next time!! ;D ;D
Title: Re: Follow up to Onur Air
Post by: msr on June 01, 2008, 05:15:47 PM
we have just returned after using Onur Air, a slight delay going out on time coming back. Pretty uneventful,never eat on a plane anyway so lack of meal is a bonus. Staff were fine. We have flown with them before and it was all OK then. Noticed in the press today Monarch had a delay of 47 hours from Sharm-el Sheikh so its not all bad on Onur Air!
Post by: Em1 on June 01, 2008, 07:53:23 PM
Hi
Not sure about a can of worms! A working oxygen cannister or two maybe of more value for anyone that are unlucky enough to be fighting for their life? No point calling for a Doctor on a flight, if the equipment is duff?
Em
Post by: itstime on June 01, 2008, 09:31:10 PM
we''re never all going to agree on Onur Air so can we agree to disagree. I''m flying with them, not for the first time, next month, and have no worries.  I have read the bad press but also am aware of many horror stories from other airlines. If it all goes horribly wrong I hope I''m in a position to say "sorry I was wrong" but until then can we just wish one another a safe journey! whatever airline we choose.
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on June 01, 2008, 09:35:57 PM
I agree, I think this thread should end here - Yes I have heard stories about Onur but remember its FlyGLobeSpan who are currently in court facing an unlimited fine for flying over sea with no safety equipment and are under the charge of "endangering the life of the public"

Onur have had no such charges so I feel it best to end here, remember there may be a number of new flyers with Onur who may spoil their holiday panicing over what is tantamount to rumour as no case has ever been fully upheld against them.
Post by: jinfizzz on June 01, 2008, 10:19:29 PM
Hear,hear Jon.  I''m using them on Friday so don''t want to hear any more about it thank you!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal