Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: kalkan4eva on May 19, 2008, 04:27:20 PM

Title: Alcohol on Onur Air?
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 19, 2008, 04:27:20 PM
Hi,
Sorry to raise the thorny subject of Onur Air again ;)
We are flying out in less than three weeks and I know the airline no longer serves food as part of the price, but does it actually sell food and drink? When I say drink, I am of course referring to alcohol  :o
I''m a poor flyer and need to be bolstered by a few G&T''s to get through most flights and would need to arrange for an alternative sedative if alcohol isn''t available to buy :laugh:
thanks
Title: Re: Alcohol on Onur Air?
Post by: Mercimek on May 19, 2008, 04:38:11 PM
Or if you flying from Gatwick you can buy mini bts of wine with glass- two for £5- got told off (ish) on Thomas Cook- but then we''d drunk it by then!
Post by: felicity on May 19, 2008, 04:49:33 PM
Yes Onur Air sell food - nicer food than they gave for free and alcohol - so you can deffo get your alcohol fix to get you through the flight..the prices (for the alcohol) are much the same as before - not too bad - I seem to remember £2 for the little bottles of wine you get and £1.50 for a beer..????  ;)
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 19, 2008, 05:40:48 PM
wine will do the trick....Flying from Manchester, Mercimek, but that''s a great idea - I''ll look out for it as my stand-by  :) Thanks for letting me know there''s supplies on board Felicity! We''ve flown a few times with Egypt Air where no alcohol is served or sold on board.. :o  :o. It wasn''t a bad flight, but I spent the whole six hours on the edge of my seat, seatbelt intact, no loo break and glued to the pilots webcam being broadcast over the entertainment system. You could take your own alcohol on board (the days before liquids were confiscated at security) and you can bet I have for every flight I''ve done with that airline since  ;D
Post by: itstime on May 19, 2008, 07:05:49 PM
Been caught out a couple of times when they had run out of my favourite tipple, vodka. I think because it''s a Turkish airline therefore flight originates in Turkey and bar stocked up there. So if people on way from Dalaman drink the plane dry then it doesn''t get stocked up for return leg from Uk to Turkey. Might be talking nonsense though but do remember being a bit  :( when I couldn''t get a drink. Think I discreetly opened my duty free supplies which before anyone tells me off, I know is forbidden  ::)
Post by: itstime on July 18, 2008, 05:51:24 PM
yet again Onur Air had no vodka in the in-flight bar on flight out to Dalaman  >:(
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal