Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: TheAkbel1 on March 29, 2020, 12:09:02 PM

Title: Vodafone UK to Hit Brits Stranded in Turkey with Roaming Hike
Post by: TheAkbel1 on March 29, 2020, 12:09:02 PM
Vodafone are removing Turkey from one of their standard, inclusive roam-free destinations from 6th May 2020, so customers will get hit for a £6 per day charge for using minutes, texts and data in Turkey from that date. Despicable treatment of customers, given that facility was the reason many subscribed in the first place, and will affect many customers stuck in Turkey due to the coronavirus. This is a penny pinching tactic from a global company who operate in both the UK and Turkey and shows no consideration for customers who only benefit from roam-free a few weeks a year anyway. They will have shot themselves in the foot if those customers unsubscribe in their thousands. Vodafone UK tried a similar tactic back in 2018 and an online petition got them to back down. That petition has started up again and if the company don't see the error of their ways this time, then I'll be cancelling my contract and I hope everyone else does the same. If, like me, you are against this decision please make your voice heard here

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/660/003/676/vodafone-to-reinstate-turkey-on-roam-free-tariff/?...
Title: Re: Vodafone UK to Hit Brits Stranded in Turkey with Roaming Hike
Post by: felicity on March 29, 2020, 12:28:01 PM
Petition signed - you can also write to the CEO of Vodafone nick.jeffery@vodafone.com I received a reply and a text saying that they would contact me within 24 hours to resolve this....!!!!
Post by: TheAkbel1 on March 29, 2020, 01:56:33 PM
Thank you....letter of complaint sent....encouraging others to do the same!!
Post by: cleworthallray on March 29, 2020, 03:50:55 PM
Signed
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on March 30, 2020, 03:19:45 PM
Its really annoying this, they seem to have hiked all their priced by offering unlimited data but are now capping speeds and also location restrictions.

To get the SIM only deal I have before for £25 a month is now £37 a month :(
Post by: Dan on April 06, 2020, 08:21:58 PM
Vodafone are removing Turkey from one of their standard, inclusive roam-free destinations from 6th May 2020, so customers will get hit for a £6 per day charge for using minutes, texts and data in Turkey from that date. Despicable treatment of customers, given that facility was the reason many subscribed in the first place, and will affect many customers stuck in Turkey due to the coronavirus. This is a penny pinching tactic from a global company who operate in both the UK and Turkey and shows no consideration for customers who only benefit from roam-free a few weeks a year anyway. They will have shot themselves in the foot if those customers unsubscribe in their thousands. Vodafone UK tried a similar tactic back in 2018 and an online petition got them to back down. That petition has started up again and if the company don't see the error of their ways this time, then I'll be cancelling my contract and I hope everyone else does the same. If, like me, you are against this decision please make your voice heard here

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/660/003/676/vodafone-to-reinstate-turkey-on-roam-free-tariff/?...

Signed!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal