Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: Pompeyalbie on December 29, 2018, 03:12:40 PM

Title: Turkish Airlines to Antalya
Post by: Pompeyalbie on December 29, 2018, 03:12:40 PM
Once I have seen my consultant on 4th Jan & if he says “all clear” then I’ll be looking to book fir our visit in May. When looking before I found that TC prices to Dalaman were extortionate so had a look at going via Antalya instead, the downside is the flight times are longer because you have to change at Istanbul & you fly from Heathrow as opposed to Gatwick. I know there is also a 3 hour drive as opposed to the shorter one from Dalaman but when Turkish Airlines are less than half of TC price it’s worth the extra effort. Has anyone any experience of using TA?
Title: Re: Turkish Airlines to Antalya
Post by: DRBD on December 30, 2018, 06:03:52 AM
I personally have used them but out of season. I flew from Dalaman to Istanbul had to wait & connect to flights to Gatwick. The hanging about for connections was abit of a pain but as a carrier thought them good. It seems many others do use them in the tourist season sonyou will hopefully get more info.
Title: Re: Turkish Airlines to Antalya
Post by: Chris_S on December 30, 2018, 12:28:47 PM
Personally, I'd pay the extra to avoid the hassle.

Airports and Airlines are bad enough as it is!

Anyway, I thought (but not checked) the TA flight from LHR to ANT arrived at 0345 - not a time I expect to be flying unless I'm going to the Far East!

Of course, if I win Euromillions, there will always be a Gulfstream available…
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal