Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: Mags on October 11, 2018, 11:27:08 AM

Title: CIP lounge at Dalaman
Post by: Mags on October 11, 2018, 11:27:08 AM
Has anyone yet used the CIP lounge when departing from the new terminal at Dalaman? If so, can you confirm that there are separte toilets within the lounge area for use of lounge users? This may not seem such a daft question for anyone who has experienced the HORRENDOUS queues for the ladies' loos we saw last Monday - makes the interval queues for the ladies' at Covent Garden seem like a walk in the park!! And when I finally got to the head of the queue, many of the cubicles were out of order, with broken locks, wobbly seats and toilet paper holders falling off the wall. Absolutely disgraceful for a newly-opened facility. Hoping that the CIP louge has dedicated loos, which would make paying for lounge entry totally worthwhile next year!
Title: Re: CIP lounge at Dalaman
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on October 11, 2018, 01:58:19 PM
Sorry not used the CIP lounge, or indeed the ladies! But have to say the toilets at the new terminal are ridiculous! There was a huge queue for the gents also. I thought there would be others around the gates but it seems not!
Post by: NormskiD on October 11, 2018, 02:25:59 PM
We were in Dalaman airport in September, but also didn't use CIP lounge. If it's anything like the rest of the airport I wouldn't bother. If this is a new facility, it's appalling, just like the toilets. Everything in the airport is a rip off. The old one terminal was bad enough, but his one is worse. You could try joining KTLN, then at least you could get a discount on the entry price to the CIP lounge.
Post by: Mags on October 12, 2018, 12:12:44 PM
Thanks, folks.

I also posted this query on Facebook's Friends of Kalkan group and received lots of replies confirming that there are private toilets in the CIP lounge and that, on balance, it's worth paying for it. I'm already a KTLN member, so will be able to use their discount next year.
Post by: tortoise lady on October 13, 2018, 09:51:24 AM
We used the new CIP lounge at Dalaman airport in September and found it very good, a big improvement on the old one.   Alcohol is still extra but at least it is easier to buy it there (we didn't so don't know the prices).  Not a large choice of food compared to some airport lounges but certainly adequate and better than the domestic lounge at Istanbul.   (The international one there is something else!   I could have a holiday there).  We had cards meaning we could use the lounge free which always helps!   More space, variety of chairs, including loungers in a quiet area.   I think there was a children's play area too.   

I guess it would be expensive though if you were taking a family but made a good place for relaxation for a couple of adults
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal