Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: alantj on September 06, 2018, 07:23:56 PM

Title: End of the Forum? Absolutely Not!
Post by: alantj on September 06, 2018, 07:23:56 PM
Over a week since the last post during peak season.

Is it time to accept that the forum is pretty much dead, squashed like many others by the Facebook steamroller. A great pity, as I don't think the Facebook EK page comes even close to replacing the forum as it was a few years ag. For me Facebook has simply too much clutter and distracting notifications etc to be bothered with. 
Title: Re: Enf of the Forum
Post by: happy days on September 06, 2018, 08:52:08 PM
Truth be told it has been dying a slow death over last few years only kept alive by a few loyal followers. It’s probably served it’s purpose but was good while it lasted.

For me it died when they banned all debate on the street dogs🙈🙈🤣

End of an Era

Who pulls the plug to close it down or does it exist for nostalgic reasons?
Title: Re: End of the Forum
Post by: JonJon on September 07, 2018, 09:14:58 AM
Personally I will not use Facebook so if this is "dead" it's a great shame & people will miss out on a lot of useful & interesting information.

Looks like KTLN may go the same way as their new format does not seem to be attracting comments on the "chatterbox"!
Post by: tortoise lady on September 07, 2018, 09:42:49 AM
I for one would be sorry to see the forum go.   I feel the regulars are friends and over the yars I have been able to get information on quite a lot of things, apart from enjoying holiday posts.

Even if I don't post much I check the forum virtually daily.   It suddenly went quiet but it has done this from time to time over the years.
Post by: Lizilu20 on September 07, 2018, 01:54:24 PM
I guess it's up to us to use and promote it. I would really miss this forum and much prefer here than other social media eg "friends of kalkan", they seem to use the term friends loosely as there's so much backbiting on there it's untrue. People ask an innocent question and get shot down and I know some of the restaurant owners and employers aren't happy.

Come back Bazza, all is forgiven  ;D ;D ;D

Post by: chunky on September 07, 2018, 04:06:16 PM
The forum is so much better.. you can look up questions rather than keep reading the SAME  questions over and over!
Post by: DRBD on September 07, 2018, 04:09:59 PM
I also do not use FB so as I am told by some, I miss knowing about what goes on. I will not join FB so if EK finishes thats my updates/information lost sadly.
Post by: Pompeyalbie on September 07, 2018, 04:33:42 PM
i tried to post something the other day and couldn't so guessed it had been disabled do ended up using the FB group for EK. I would've preferred it on here as it was something of a personal nature that I toned down .
Would be a great shame if it goes as I find it a mine of information & help.
Post by: Lizilu20 on September 07, 2018, 04:52:12 PM
I wondered why you’d posted in there Albie however it was the enjoy Kalkan FB group I think wasn’t it?
Best wishes to you and Janet and I’m sure you’ll be back in Kalkan soon.  :-*
Post by: Blue Lizard on September 07, 2018, 06:19:57 PM
There does seem to be an element of snobbery that has crept in over recent years where EK is perceived as for "tourists"(wasn't everyone when they came to kalkan?)...well I am a tourist and not a snob so it suits me fine to dip in and out when I like... >:D
Post by: keith on September 07, 2018, 06:22:22 PM
My first introduction to Kalkan was via this forum and it was what encouraged us to book our first holiday to Turkey and this special place. We haven't visited anywhere else since our first visit and will be back next year. I agree with previous comments that this is by far the best place to ask a question and to quickly find answers. Like you all, I regularly check for new holiday reports and feel that I have made a lot of friends via this forum. I hope that the downturn in activity this year is purely down to less 'regulars visiting Kalkan and thus, not sharing their experiences. In my opinion Facebook just doesn't deliver when it comes to finding answers to questions and it often results in lots of similar posts. This forum provides an opportunity to view things by subject and provides honest feedback and information. Let us hope that the current lack of activity is just a 'blip' and that normal service will soon resume. I for one am looking forward to reading your blogs and continuing with ...............Keith can............in Kalkan.
Post by: itstime on September 07, 2018, 06:35:15 PM
Hmmm thought I was locked out so will be interesting if this gets through
Post by: keith on September 07, 2018, 06:40:07 PM
It went through so.......you're obviously not blocked Its time 😊😊
Post by: Trotter on September 07, 2018, 07:45:09 PM
Not posted very often but a regular reader. It has also been excellent for information, for instance , we are out for our annual visit in two weeks and in need of a dentist. Found Dr Cenk Sahin on here.
I will miss it and certainly not joining FB. Very sad.
Post by: Gelin on September 08, 2018, 12:06:45 AM
I'm a frequent reader of the forum though not a contributor. I look forward to my daily fix of reading everyone's blog and appreciate all the effort you put in for us to share your wonderful experiences of Kalkan.
Post by: cleworthallray on September 08, 2018, 08:26:15 AM
Read it a lot but don’t post much. After a 3 year gap. Brought our 2 year old grandson and his mum and dad for their first visit in June. Loved it. Back again now. No baby sitting.  On patara at the mo. Adams for lunch. Baharat for dinner. My post. Short and sweet. Regards to everyone we know love kalkan.
Post by: Kevin Norwich on September 08, 2018, 08:39:48 AM
As others have mentioned, I am an infrequent contributor but do log on most days for news, reviews and general Kalkan nonsense. With the KTLN webcam out of action, this forum is my little connection to Kalkan. All contributions are always greatly appreciated.
Post by: DRBD on September 08, 2018, 11:46:23 AM
Well from the responses to is post shows one thing...EK is not deceased yet.
Post by: sally on September 08, 2018, 11:59:00 AM
I don't post much as I've been going to other parts of Turkey lately.

But I do read  the forum , but don't always log in.

There is some very useful general info re Turkey as well as the Kalkan related stuff.
Title: Re: End of the Forum?
Post by: EK Moderator on September 09, 2018, 12:39:55 PM
Perhaps enquiries on the Facebook site could be directed to this site and an initaitive to keep the Forum over the winter? 
Post by: Haybo on September 11, 2018, 05:57:01 PM
I too prefer this site to all of the others...the FB groups are good because you are often using that application anyway, but this group is my go to group.  I know alot of the people are the same, but this feels gentler.

I came off the FB groups because the user behaviour was making me sad.  I let the moderators know why I was leaving because it felt like people were disrespecting the intention of the site and that was sad for the admin team.  They were very gracious and let me back in as I need to get back ‘in the zone’....did I mention I go back out in 4 days......
Post by: Alibobs on September 13, 2018, 07:04:03 AM
I too love this site - I'm a lurker rather than a poster.....particularly like reading the holiday reports.....if you shared the fact that you'd had a not so good meal on the FB page you would have 48 posts telling you you don't know how steak should be cooked!
We are back in Turkey doing a little tour between Antalya and Dalaman in October, 5 nights will be spent in Kalkan so I intend to be a roving reporter this time
Post by: Haybo on September 13, 2018, 09:04:24 AM
Good for you Alibobs.  I have often done holiday reports, but over the last couple of trips I have bored my self just writing them as we tend to do the same things over and over!!  I travel out to Kalkan on Sunday so I will try and motivate myself... although I am travelling with a Kalkan newbie so who knows what will happen!
Post by: keith on September 13, 2018, 03:50:18 PM
Hi Haybo.......I tend to write similar blogs as all of my holidays to Kalkan are fairly repetitive. Wake up early, take in the view, laze by the pool, Efes, pick up essential supplies, shower, down to Bezirgans for pre-dinner drinks, choose restaurant, meander down Town, browse shops, eat dinner,  stop off for a drink, back to villa, G&T on roof terrace enjoying the night sky (but NOT the laser lights).....off to bed and repeat the next day.

I really enjoy reading everyone's holiday reports and there is always something to write about. Looking forward to reading your next instalment.
Post by: Alibobs on September 13, 2018, 11:07:17 PM
Keith, that is pretty much how my report will read except I have my pre dinner drinks at Minibar not Bezirgan 😂😂😂
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on September 14, 2018, 11:59:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

It was really interesting and a little emotional reading this thread. Just to be clear there are no plans to close this forum if anything I would love to see it come back to life.

EK proudly launched many years ago as the original Kalkan site and over the years many more Kalkan sites have appeared eg KTLN, Friends of Kalkan, KalkanForum etc which is great for Kalkan in general.

Since the rise of social media giants many forums and traditional websites have struggled to keep posts as it’s so simple for people to post via the Facebook App especially for the generations where Facebook has always been a thing, although as you say it’s not the easiest platform to search.

So, what next? I’m happy to invest in EK to bring it more current, mobile friendly etc however a forum is only as busy as its members so please post on here, promote EK and encourage those that may never of heard of us to join the family.

If anyone has any techie problems with EK just drop me a line.

Jon
Post by: DRBD on September 15, 2018, 07:13:50 AM
Jon...good news re keeping EK going. As mentioned I for one do not use FB so without this forum I wouldn't get any info/updates etc. 
Post by: Blue Lizard on September 15, 2018, 09:43:37 AM
Hey Jon! ...where you bin? :D
Post by: cleworthallray on September 15, 2018, 10:27:50 AM
This has always been a great site. I’m not one for writing holiday reports as I just want to get on with my holiday with friends and family. I do read some of other people’s and marvel at what they pack into them. I suppose we do a lot as well but never have time to think about telling others. Sorry. I don’t do Facebook or twitter as I don’t like what I see, as much of it is about upsetting other people with opinions that should’ve been kept to themselves. Recently my Wife helped a few dogs that looked unwell or injured by contacting our daughter and she contacted Kapsa on Facebook. The replies to her and relayed to us were very quick and grateful. I guess we do post on some stuff. Hope the site keeps going. Always loved the cctv but waiting for it to return on Ktln. Been to kalkan twice in the last 14 weeks and look forward to our next visit. Regards. Ray
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on September 15, 2018, 02:30:53 PM
Hi BL and everyone else, it’s good to be back  :)

I took a bit of a break from EK and other commitments due to a spell of ill health but fighting fit and looking forward to bringing EK back with all its great members help.

Send me a PM of what you would like to see on here and let’s see if it’s possible!

Enjoy Kalkan everyone! Here’s to another 11 years!
Post by: Lynne T on September 17, 2018, 06:32:26 PM
I too would never touch Facebook, so if this forum dried up , I would have no outside contact with Kalkan and that would be really sad . The names and characters of everyone are such fun and I have my favourites.
When we first started using the forum we did a top 10 of restaurants for a couple of years but then realised this was mean as everyone likes different things .
We returned after about 3 years this year and it was like coming home. We have already booked for next year and I promise I will try harder but we are really boring pool, sea ,drink and eat 😁
Lynne
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on September 17, 2018, 06:36:12 PM
So how do we encourage others to move from Facebook to here  ??? :)
Post by: caradog on September 17, 2018, 08:10:58 PM
This used to be an informative site, but it’s now basically a travel blog. And as others have intimidated once you’ve read one....
If I need any info now FB is usually the go to place. Many more users so many more opinions and recommendations.
Post by: keith on September 17, 2018, 08:26:08 PM
And.........what's wrong with a travel blog? I still find this site easier to navigate if I'm looking for specific information. Facebook may have better presentation but this is, in my opinion, the better platform for sharing information and spreading the word about Kalkan. As previously stated this forum encouraged us to take our first holiday to this special place and I hope that others will be given the same opportunity.
Post by: caradog on September 18, 2018, 01:13:37 PM
Nothing wrong with a blog at all if that’s the kind of thing you like. I merely said it’s not as informative as it was. It’s very well set out, just doesn’t get many informative posts now. FB has taken up where this left off (for information ) and most people looking for that have migrated there.
Post by: msr on September 18, 2018, 04:44:16 PM
I much prefer this site, I hate to say this but the people on here are more 'professional' for want of a better word. How many posts on the FB pages are 'what is the rate of exchange today?' asked over and over again! Er try google or Bank of Turkey.The killer for me however,was someone sitting in Botanik bar in the evening asking were there any nearby restaurants to eat in as she hadn't seen any when walking around! Unbelievable. Someone did reply and say'perhaps if you looked up from your phone you might actually see your surroundings'. EK was the original site and has served many over the years with sound advice to sensible questions.
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on September 18, 2018, 08:06:27 PM
Perhaps there needs to be some clearer FAQs for people on here then, for example the exchange rate, top restaurants etc. Facebook is certainly busier but I do get bored reading the same posts over and over I have to admit :)

As for photos - great idea, Ill make it easier for people to upload them
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on September 18, 2018, 09:21:58 PM
Hi All

Ive now made EK more mobile friendly, so if you are browsing from an Android or iPhone the forum should be much easier to read. If you are browsing from a tablet you have the option to switch back to the full screen (non mobile) version at the bottom of the page.

Hope you like this change :)
Post by: Blue Lizard on September 19, 2018, 10:02:46 AM
Without Facebook there would be no Jeremy Kyle show....mmmmm! Come to think of it!!! >:D
Post by: DRBD on September 19, 2018, 10:15:04 AM
Good idea...
Post by: alantj on September 20, 2018, 12:01:21 PM
Over a week since the last post during peak season.

Is it time to accept that the forum is pretty much dead, squashed like many others by the Facebook steamroller. A great pity, as I don't think the Facebook EK page comes even close to replacing the forum as it was a few years ag. For me Facebook has simply too much clutter and distracting notifications etc to be bothered with. 

Good to see the response to my post, clearly there is still some life in the forum.

Today was a good example of why it is better than FB. Thanks to BL's post we now have our Easter flights booked at a bargain price. It may have been flagged up on FB but, if so, it was lost in the general clutter and I didn't get to see it.

Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on September 20, 2018, 07:00:22 PM
Great to see people still love the forum. Hopefully the new mobile friendly layout will encourage new members to join.

Many more ideas to come... spread the word 😀
Post by: keith on September 21, 2018, 05:08:22 PM
I for one am really pleased that this forum is going to continue. Some of the Facebook threads are quite negative and I was particularly upset by the recent post that was aimed at the greeter at Alternatifs. Whilst he won't be to everyone's taste I have never found him to be offensive. Perhaps I could suggest another discussion area for this forum...…."Negative feedback about Kalkan". this could be a place for people to air their views and opinions about poor service, burglaries, street dogs, noise nuisance, value for money etc, etc,....I'm sure that I would want to read any negative feedback but, maintain my own opinion, without any personal attacks on whoever wants to air their views.
Post by: cleworthallray on September 21, 2018, 10:56:10 PM
You’ve got my vote Keith. We were concerned about the changes in turkey since 2014 but we have returned this year twice and still love being there. I have a U.K. business that is a community that extensively uses Facebook. I don’t because I don’t wish to enter into the negative parts of everyday life. So many people look for the negative elements of life instead of what’s great. Kalkan is great. But modern day exposure wants to look for the bad. I will return to kalkan in 2019 as well as going to many other places. I love to have a g&t or glass of wine and see what’s going on kalkan on cctv. Love to meet BL and good ol antler ( Steve) tortoise lady. (Sheila) because they are real kalkan people. This forum won’t die, it may evolve but it will still be full of people who love kalkan. Thanks Jon
Post by: lynda on September 22, 2018, 07:47:20 AM
Antler!!! Used to love his blogs. Haven’t seen one for years now. Does anyone know if he still visits Kalkan but has given up his blog or has he given up Kalkan.
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on September 24, 2018, 04:05:49 PM
Im happy to tweak the forum sections - Whats everyones thoughts on this?

Would a Whats Hot and Whats Not section work?
Post by: keith on September 25, 2018, 05:05:42 PM
That's a good idea. People can then choose what they want to read and, hopefully, respect other people's views. We all have our own likes and dislikes and, as we know, things are continually evolving in Kalkan and people can have positive and negative experiences. I am really pleased that this forum is being given a new lease of life and sincerely hope that we can achieve greater participation.
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on September 25, 2018, 05:55:49 PM
Whats Hot and Whats Not section now added to Holiday Reports and Reviews :)
Post by: kalkan4eva on September 26, 2018, 06:47:25 PM
Just catching up with EK....have to say a bit emotional reading everyones posts. Love this site, the original and the best! Thanks Jon for keeping it going.

PS Antler isn't visiting Kalkan currently but have to agree about missing his posts.
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on September 26, 2018, 09:15:28 PM
It’s great to be back, we just need to entice new members to our community now 😀
Post by: Lizilu20 on September 26, 2018, 09:49:39 PM
Glad you’re better Jon, it’s great to have you back too  :)
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on September 26, 2018, 09:51:37 PM
Thank you  :)

Anyone with ideas what they would like to see please do let me know, here’s hoping to some new members
Post by: Chris_S on September 29, 2018, 12:42:04 PM
Time for my two pence-worth:

1: The trouble with doing a blog is that you may get loads of views, but most people can't be bothered to comment or join in, unless it one of the truly faithful.  Worst of all mnost can't even be bothered to click on 'Like', so you feel your efforts are unappreciated.

2: The plus point for blogs is keeping current.  Places change staff, names, locations, etc, and any one of these can have a good or bad effect on the customer's opinion.  The blogs do help to see what;'s got better and what's got worse.

3: The greeter(s) - are essential for some places, like Alternatif, since people just don't look up, they tend to be blinkered and look ahead, glancing from side to side.  Having said that, we spoke to a couple this year that have been coming for 12 years and didn't know where Ali Baba's was, or Mussakka, either.  Hence the need for greeters sometimes.  Note though that these two don't need greeters, perhaps Mustafa does, stuck on the top of K2.

4: Facebook - don't use it really, apart from seeing what people insist on telling me where they are and what they're doing.  Not just me, but the NSA, GCHQ, and anyone who breaks into Zuckerberg's Money Palace for the wrong reasons.  Least of all, never, ever use your real name or put a full face picture on.  Facial recognition isn't just used by Governments to identify you and where you are and what you think.

5: The EK Forum - brilliant when it's busy, awful when someone wants to sell me fake IDs, or something.  The one thing that would improve it would be to attach a (limited number) of small pictures to a post (many forums can do this, or at least advise on the smoothest way to achieve it), a picture of a meal, sunset, view, pratfall, etc. can add loads to a post (some editorship may be required!).

There's probably tons more I can add, but have fallen foul of a virus (EZY2A - that's easyJet Seat 2A) so enthusiasm is a little dimmed!

Incidentally, did anyone else have a problem with overcooked steaks this year?
Post by: Gelin on September 29, 2018, 11:38:55 PM
Missed you Chris S, of all the messages on this this forum yours is the one I look forward to reading. Have you given Kalkan a miss this year? Your deadpan approach to life is a killer. Whether it's rehydration or airline company's or buying your fish from Fethiye market. Sorry I have Just realised I never 'like' any blogs on here. Maybe it's because I don't log in. Must do from now. So all you regular contributors to this site keep up the good work. Let's hope it's not an end to this forum.
Post by: Chris_S on September 30, 2018, 12:18:54 PM
Thanks for the comments, Gelin.

No, we haven't deserted Kalkan, a bit of blog apathy (see above) kicked in, plus some pre-planned rearrangement of what we were going to do when sort of upset the long established routine.

Seemed not to get so much R&R, but this was probably down to aforementioned activities (sort of), and a general lethargy.

Of course the attention to re-hydration did not disappear, neither did Fethiye Fish Market, Islamlar, Gelemis, and the most arduous of all - where to eat each night.  The latter not helped by having three boat trips in two weeks, and as you all know, eating is not the prime focus in the evening.

We're planning on two visits next year, when we will be in disguise as contestants from Love Island, and Strictly finalists.

As if!

Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on September 30, 2018, 12:24:02 PM
I think with anything the busier this forum gets the more people that will use it - How do we keep it alive - Lets all post on here and promote it.

Hopefully people will appreciate the sheer amount of knowledge available on here, plus, when the new accommodation section comes along that should bring more people to the forum

Heres to another 11 years of EK :)
Post by: cleworthallray on September 30, 2018, 12:56:44 PM
One of the best media activities is being able to see others having a great time in kalkan. Cctv around the town used to be great. Now even Ktln have none. They keep saying bare with us but I’ve never know it take so long to fit some new ones. Think everyone on enjoy would really love it.

On another subject. There are so many people that have coeliac desease. They have to eat everything gluten free. Getting an excellent gluten free pizza in kalkan is impossible. Well with other GF members help we could change this. FOTO’s make great normal pizzas but they have tried and tried to make gluten free ones and failed. On our first visit this year we asked then if they would make a pizza with our own bases and they said they would. We took the best pre made pizza based with us. Yep all the way to turkey. They were amazed at how good they were and said they would try and access them. They are made by schar. 2 individually vacuum packed. Migros stock some Schar products and hopefully will stock the pizza bases. FOTOs said they would be great. Long life. Stored under the table. Simple. I said I will get others to text or email asking him to stock them. Hope you GFs do. Finally as a matter of interest. 4 pizza’s (1 our base) 2 boxes is great chips and of course 2 efes whilst we waited and chatted GF pizzas ...127tl. Mad. Regards Ray
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on September 30, 2018, 01:25:16 PM
As you know EK was home to the first webcam in Kalkan and in all honesty whenever there was a power cut it lost its configuration that was a real pain!

I dont know KTLNs plans on webcams however, if anyone wants to help create a webcam network for EK do let me know as all the technology is in place, just not the cameras :)
Post by: cleworthallray on September 30, 2018, 03:10:25 PM
Thanks for considering it Jon. I’m no techie but my farm has 24 cameras of which 16 are live. We often switch of the power for lots of reasons but never have to reconfigure the system. It just reboots itself. If we want to do anything to it after that we just have to log on. It is a hard wired system (4000’) not a WiFi system so I don’t know if that makes a difference. Perhaps the system was old tech. My is now to what you can buy. Perhaps someone on here is a techi that could advise. But it would be great and encourage more involment on the site. Regards
Post by: Chris_S on October 03, 2018, 11:04:57 AM
Sounds like the old cameras just didn't have a very good NVRAM.  Sorry, tech-speak.  Modern ones, like your router, etc should be pretty robust these days.

Technical Glossary:
NVRAM: Non-volatile random-access memory (NVRAM) is random-access memory that retains its information when power is turned off. This is in contrast to dynamic random-access memory (DRAM) and static random-access memory (SRAM), which both maintain data only for as long as power is applied. (Wiki)

Here endeth the lesson!
Post by: tortoise lady on October 18, 2018, 07:27:47 PM
Thank goodness it was not the end of the forum!   Particularly since I have just read that KTLN IS going to end, by the end of this October.   So even more will I be looking for news of Kalkan on this forum, particularly as I know some members live in Kalkan and others are able to spend much more time there than I can.

So very pleased you are feeling better Jon and injecting new life into this forum.   Maybe lots of new members too when KTLN vanishes.
Post by: Lynne T on October 18, 2018, 08:54:32 PM
That would be wonderful 😁
Post by: DRBD on October 19, 2018, 07:06:31 AM
With the departing of KTLN from our lives this forum will be needed even more so now.
We need information but the correct sort, not gossip. We need people to contribute information etc even for those of us who live in Kalkan, some of us do not use FB so getting to know whats on is useful.
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on October 19, 2018, 11:08:58 PM
It’s great the forum is alive and it takes every member to encourage others to join. I still believe it’s an easier system than Facebook.

Here’s to another 11 years of EK
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on October 19, 2018, 11:18:38 PM
There has always been a what’s on section here and an events calendar so feel free to use it to promote what’s on.

If there are extra bits you would like to see on EK just let me know. Please also remember to sign up for the free accommodation section.
Post by: Blue Lizard on October 23, 2018, 06:25:16 AM
What about adding a link banner to the official Turkish government E Visa site..i used the one on KTLN but as we all know that's sadly retiring the end of this month.(I have stored it in my favs )but it might help some EKers avoid the numerous bogus sites that seem to have spread  ;)
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on October 23, 2018, 08:37:35 AM
Done :)
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on October 23, 2018, 08:45:24 AM
There has always been a what’s on section here and an events calendar so feel free to use it to promote what’s on.

If there are extra bits you would like to see on EK just let me know. Please also remember to sign up for the free accommodation section.

Just looking on the KTLN feature on webcams they have mentioned they were the first webcam, this could well be the case as my memory doesn't stretch back that far, either way, I think its safe to say we will all very much miss our window into Kalkan!
Post by: tortoise lady on October 23, 2018, 09:39:16 AM
Great to have that direct link to the e-visa site Jon.   I always have to look it up to make sure I go to the official site and don't end up paying extra for the visa.
Post by: Chris_S on October 23, 2018, 11:00:21 AM
Note that from the 28th October, you won't be able to get the visa at the airport anymore.

You'll have to get the e-visa.

see:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey)
Post by: Blue Lizard on October 23, 2018, 04:55:24 PM
Wow ...... That was quick Jon .... Link tested and working!!!  ;)
Title: Re: End of the Forum? Absolutely Not!
Post by: Lynne T on October 30, 2018, 06:31:41 AM
I think we should choose a weekend and all make sure we log on and let’s see what a daily total is . It would be nice to see more than 20
Lynne 😁
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on October 31, 2018, 08:47:43 PM
Let’s do it  ;)
Post by: Blue Lizard on October 31, 2018, 10:14:17 PM
Oh you saucy rascal ... At least buy me dinner first!!!  >:D
Post by: Lynne T on November 02, 2018, 06:36:27 AM
Why don’t we set the 1st weekend in December 1st and the 2nd to do the great Kalkan log on . It gives us time to spread the word 😁
Post by: Lynne T on November 02, 2018, 07:24:01 AM
Sorry me again 😁, a few years ago we always talked about holiday reads on the site , I know we have information everywhere but it’s always nice to recommend and chat about a book and this doesn’t just have to be in the summer. So what about a book page ?
Lynne
Post by: brian j p on November 02, 2018, 03:45:56 PM
Lynne T ,  sounds good,   Can we also  have an EFES  page  lol
Post by: Lynne T on November 02, 2018, 08:58:29 PM
😁 And a gin and tonic one too, Brian
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on November 03, 2018, 10:06:32 AM
You can have anything you want just let me know  :)

Love the idea of the great Kalkan log on!
Post by: cathlvskalkan on November 03, 2018, 04:21:50 PM
I am a very long time lurker on this have had excellent tips from you all and have always enjoyed reading the holiday reports. Just a thank you for the official link to the e-visa site as there have been some horror stories about people using the wrong site. Also I have just recently joined as a member as I realised that even though I know i am reading your reports and enjoying them you don't know that! I would just like to ask how to say thank you to someone as I have a lot to make up for! Sorry if i have hijacked this and changed the subject
Post by: Blue Lizard on November 03, 2018, 05:28:15 PM
You have to be signed in.... On the post you wish to thank on the left hand side under the posters name/ logo you will see just click to say thanks ... Just click it ... Welcome aboard   ;)
Post by: tortoise lady on November 03, 2018, 06:37:53 PM
Are we going to go for the weekend of December 1st for the big log on.   I am logging on most days but don't want to miss the "big count.

Or would you prefer another date
Post by: Lizilu20 on November 03, 2018, 06:49:50 PM
Welcome Cathlvskalkan, it’s good to have you on board.  :)
Post by: cathlvskalkan on November 03, 2018, 08:06:47 PM
Thank you. I mustn't have been logged in properly as I can now see the thank you marker!
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on November 03, 2018, 08:09:37 PM
Welcome to EK
Great to have you as a member

Jon
Post by: Lynne T on November 12, 2018, 10:22:56 PM
We have done really well today folks we are up to 58 people viewing the site , we just need another 500 and we have matched our best 😂
Lynne
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on November 13, 2018, 03:00:34 PM
Great news and sorry the accommodation section is on the way, our gorgeous cat passed away so things are very sad in the EK household at the moment so its taking a bit longer than planned
Post by: Blue Lizard on November 13, 2018, 05:14:32 PM
Always sad when we lose our little fur buddies, they are treated as part of the family just a different shape.We always say "that's it no more" but always get another not as a replacement but as a new arrival  ;)
Post by: Lizilu20 on November 14, 2018, 10:09:19 AM
Sorry to hear that Jon and BL, you summed it up perfectly.
Post by: Charlie on November 14, 2018, 08:56:15 PM
I second Lizilu. Such a difficult time Jon but hopefully in time you’ll find it in you to rescue another little one.
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on November 15, 2018, 08:04:50 PM
Thanks everyone :)
Post by: Lynne T on November 18, 2018, 09:41:04 PM
Wow 171 views today 😁 , we are getting our numbers up
Post by: Lynne T on November 28, 2018, 10:42:39 PM
If the plan for the great Kalkan log in is still this weekend, then could someone please speak about it on Facebook, I’m sorry I can’t because I don’t have an account.
Lynne
Post by: Enjoy Kalkan on November 29, 2018, 09:11:03 AM
Exciting times :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal