Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: One sheet on May 14, 2018, 06:21:24 PM

Title: No Alcohol!!!!
Post by: One sheet on May 14, 2018, 06:21:24 PM
It is I, One Sheet

I’m currently sitting in Hunkars nursing an Orange Juice!
What’s the deal with the no alcohol thing?

Have they lost their licence or are they thinking about our health? Ive just seen a walkout because of the lack of wine and beer.
Title: Re: No Alcohol!!!!
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 14, 2018, 06:35:37 PM
My understanding is they want to appeal to more Turkish customers - not sure if that's true. Ata Mezze and Grill just up past Nur Apartments - heading towards Migros do sell alcohol and in my opinion better value than Hunkars.
Post by: chickengeorge on May 15, 2018, 06:18:54 AM
There will be many more conservative muslims coming to Kalkan and surrounding areas. Hundreds of villas have been built in the surrounding villages specifically aimed at attracting these people. Several villas even in Kalkan now have screening around the pool areas as well. Some of these visitors won't even eat in a restaurant that serves alcohol and certainly won't pay the inflated prices in the main town. The supermarkets will be extra busy once the children are on summer holidays from end of June for over 3 months as many just come to buy their own food and eat at their villas. I expect more restaurants may try to attract these visitors as things are changing, just look at Kaputas.
Post by: hodstar on June 28, 2018, 12:22:18 PM
I spoke to Turac from Hunkar who said there was a problem with a customer over the winter, so the boss decided no alcohol
Post by: glyn on June 29, 2018, 01:59:06 PM
Hunkar's in kaş is also alcohol free !
I don't think they had a problem customer.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal