Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Money & Finance => Topic started by: Lynne T on April 28, 2018, 03:50:28 PM

Title: Tipping
Post by: Lynne T on April 28, 2018, 03:50:28 PM
Can anyone advise me on tipping a taxi driver from Dalaman airport , the cost of the journey is covered by the hotel .
Thank you Lynne
Title: Re: Tipping
Post by: msr on April 28, 2018, 03:56:45 PM
We usually give around TL25 each way.
Post by: Sezkalkan on April 29, 2018, 10:36:55 AM
Yes we would normally do the same or just give £5 as they quite like sterling
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 30, 2018, 01:57:12 PM
We tip in Lira, usually 20/30TL depending on the journey but pay in sterling.
Post by: Lynne T on May 03, 2018, 07:00:55 AM
Thank you for all your help , I’ll give him double if I can stop him stopping for the roadside beer , I just want to be in Kalkan  :o
Post by: DRBD on May 03, 2018, 07:57:24 AM
Just tell him dont want to stop, if he refuses dont tip him.
Post by: Blue Lizard on May 03, 2018, 10:10:38 AM
Depends on how hair raising the transfer is..if it's a white knuckle ride I deduct the cost of laundry from the tip ..so they get nothing >:D
Post by: alantj on May 04, 2018, 03:20:10 PM
Thank you for all your help , I’ll give him double if I can stop him stopping for the roadside beer , I just want to be in Kalkan  :o

Can you still get a roadside beer, I thought they were banned years ago.
Post by: Lynne T on May 04, 2018, 06:44:32 PM
Oh please tell me that’s the case 😊😊 I’ve not been for about 4 years
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 05, 2018, 01:01:57 PM
When Erdogan stopped shops from selling alcohol after 10pm and places within a certain distance of the Mosque, he also banned petrol stations from selling alcohol. That was the case certainly in the first couple of years, as we missed what used to be BH’s first Efes at the service station with the pool. We just dont stop now, so not sure whether things have slipped back or whether the ban still holds HAs anyone purchased alcohol after 10pm..? Again we just dont try, so dont know if this is still upheld too.
Post by: Chris_S on May 06, 2018, 01:06:33 PM
Stopping for that Efes was a must-do when it took three days to go from Dalaman to Kalkan.  Quite apart from other urgent issues…

Then again, in the days of Tapestry, we arrived in daylight, now many of the flights arrive well after dusk, often landing at or after the 10pm cut-off time anyway!

Now the drivers stop for a nicotine fix - which is just bloody annoying, 'cos they don't always ask first!

One year they avoided the tunnel completely, using the old road over the top, so they could pocket the tunnel fee (transfer covered by the hotel, in case you were wondering).  Carlos Sainz Lives!  At least on that transfer!!
Post by: alantj on May 08, 2018, 02:46:47 PM
When Erdogan stopped shops from selling alcohol after 10pm and places within a certain distance of the Mosque, he also banned petrol stations from selling alcohol. That was the case certainly in the first couple of years, as we missed what used to be BH’s first Efes at the service station with the pool. We just dont stop now, so not sure whether things have slipped back or whether the ban still holds HAs anyone purchased alcohol after 10pm..? Again we just dont try, so dont know if this is still upheld too.

You can buy alcohol in Kalkan after 10pm, from most of the small shops that sell alcohol. As a bonus we found that we often got better prices than the supermarkets.
Post by: onelove on May 13, 2018, 06:57:38 AM
You can still buy drink after 10.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal