Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions => Topic started by: Pompeyalbie on April 01, 2018, 03:05:53 PM

Title: Dalyan Day Trip
Post by: Pompeyalbie on April 01, 2018, 03:05:53 PM
I'm looking for a day trip out when we come in May, one our first trip to Turkey we stayed at Calis Beach and did a day trip to Dalyan and was thinking about going back. Looking on line I see that Adda Tours do have an excursion there and wondered if anyone has been on it? I could drive it myself but then you have all the hassle of sorting out the river trip & smelly mud bath entry when you get there, providing I can find it.
Title: Re: Dalyan Day Trip
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 01, 2018, 03:37:22 PM
Have you thought about overnighting in Dalyan when you arrive?.  not far from Dalaman and you could travel onto Kalkan the next day after seeing Dalyan ;)
Post by: Pompeyalbie on April 02, 2018, 10:24:52 AM
Not me Janet, have you? :) :) :)
Just had an email back from ADDA, not doing that excursion this year but will supply a driver to take us there & back for 300TL and we arrange the boat etc when we get there. I could drive it myself if needs be, need to investigate it a bit more.
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 02, 2018, 10:51:18 AM
Errr whos Janet?.. we overnighted in Dalyan some years ago hotel Binlik(nothing special) got eaten alive by river mozzies and river trip boat lunch was a bit school dinners now I've seen it wouldn't go back  ;)

ps... you will hear usual BS about Cleopatra being a regular visitor (she must have had a speedboat) and The African Queen being filmed there although it was filmed in The Congo and Uganda and Shepperton studios ::)
Post by: Pompeyalbie on April 02, 2018, 04:08:27 PM
Thought outside if the box & looked at excursions from Calis to Dalyan, found one which had good reviews,sent them an email and got an immediate reply with all the information I asked for plus a 50% discount offer. Now just have to drive to Calis for 9am which isn't a problem, just have to remember not to speed on the D400 again.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal