Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Flights and Travel => Topic started by: Blue Lizard on February 04, 2018, 01:24:48 PM

Title: New Terminal
Post by: Blue Lizard on February 04, 2018, 01:24:48 PM
As reported on KTLN the New Terminal opens in April (should?) . I hope they have learnt from the current terminal which I found as airports go pretty unattractive and unwelcoming...badly laid out , poor lighting and a ceiling that never looked finished. Having spent a vast sum I wonder if the prices will have increased as well to offset unit costs? ::) Not many of us like airports but sometimes we have to spend longer in them than we would like so the nicer the better ;)
Title: Re: New Terminal
Post by: NormskiD on February 04, 2018, 01:45:53 PM
I know what you mean Blue Lizard, a horrible old building not fit for purpose, but I shudder to think what the already exhorbitant prices will be like in the new terminal!!
Post by: DRBD on February 04, 2018, 04:57:36 PM
In fact its not 'an old building' its was the new built one. The old one is now the brand new one. But agree the.lighting is just terrible due to high costs of electricity the comfort is abysmal, the food/ drinks prices outrageous.
Post by: Chris_S on February 05, 2018, 11:33:42 AM
Don't you just long for the days when flying was treated as a sort of luxury, where service, courtesy and an endeavour to make your journey as pleasant as possible was the norm? (try looking at pictures of 50s airports…)

Now the passenger is treated as a means to an end, that of making as much money as possible, both by the airport and the airlines themselves, without doing anything unless you pay extra. (And don't even get me started on Security personnel attitudes, especially at some UK airports >:D)

Happy travellers? In your dreams (and old movies!).

Perhaps, maybe, we should do our own private charters from the 'executive' side of the airport?

[Grumpy rant over!]
Post by: Tatilde on February 05, 2018, 12:36:18 PM
All worth it when you get here though!

Post by: Blue Lizard on February 05, 2018, 01:12:46 PM
Humphhhh!! what about when your going home? >:D
Post by: Tatilde on February 05, 2018, 01:51:28 PM
Think about when you’re coming back again!
Post by: Blue Lizard on April 30, 2018, 10:24:05 AM
So the new Terminal didn't open then?...(Taps nose) ..my spy network says it is miles from being ready :-\
Post by: kalkan4eva on April 30, 2018, 01:54:32 PM
We've heard it will be July before it opens....but hey its Turkey could be July 2020 ;)
Post by: kalkan4eva on May 22, 2018, 11:47:41 AM
There have been some announcements that it will open in early June, now! Lets see what happens...
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal