Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => Living In Kalkan => Topic started by: Leo. on November 19, 2017, 10:01:11 PM

Title: Christmas stuff
Post by: Leo. on November 19, 2017, 10:01:11 PM
Hi there, this will be our first Christmas in Kalkan.  Just trying to plan ahead for it.... 

We have sorted the mince pies and Christmas cake - phew!  so now looking for Christmas tree (prefer real, but happy to consider all suggestions) wrapping paper and interesting places to take visitors fom the UK.  All advice and suggestions welcome - cheers
Title: Re: Christmas stuff
Post by: DRBD on November 20, 2017, 04:50:11 AM
Leo there is annual Christmas Fare held in Calis coming up soon exact date escapes me but you can get all the usual things there apart from a tree. The supermarkets sell the real ones but they are expensive & small (Migros). Bear in mind the Turks do not celebrate Christmas but they do the New Year theb2 get a bit combined into one.
Post by: DRBD on November 20, 2017, 04:52:41 AM
Also unlike the UK these things appear in the shops much later so a trip to perhaps Fethiye may be a better option for you.
Post by: Bertie on November 20, 2017, 09:13:52 AM
Leo,
We are also going to be out for Christmas this year.
I took a Christmas Tree out in October , a false one, but as I wanted a fairly big one thought it was the best option.
I will try to get a smaller real one in Kalkan as well always like 2 trees!
I also took out Christmas decorations, wrapping paper etc.
I am ordering a Turkey through my management company although we are going out to eat on Christmas Day so will cook Boxing Day after a long walk at Patara (thats the plan). The rest of my food will be a mixture from local supermarkets and Marks and Spencer which I will take in my suitcase

The only thing I will not have is Crackers as cannot take these on the plane, will try to find an alternative in Kalkan.

Have a good one everyone.
Post by: Leo. on November 20, 2017, 10:51:11 AM
Sounds good Bertie.  We are here permanantly, so need to source everythig locally.  We have got the Turkey, cake, Mince pies etc sorted.  Sounds like a trip to the Calis Christmas Fayre is in order for some extras, will hopefully get a tree in Migros, just need wrapping paper & crackers now...

We're planning on going for a swim in the sea on Christmas morning.  Have no idea we'll actually get in (never done anything like it before) as its going to be weather dependant of course - but really, really looking forward to Christmas and to spending it it with our daughter and her fiance who are coming over a few days before.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal