Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Introduce Yourself => Topic started by: Leo. on November 16, 2017, 01:56:07 PM

Title: Introducing Leo & Sharon
Post by: Leo. on November 16, 2017, 01:56:07 PM
A big "Hi" to everyone.  Sharon & I (Leo), have both recently retired from work early, and moved to Kalkan permanantly a few weeks ago.  We have sold-up in the UK and bought a villa up on the moutain - so sleep with the twinkle of the town lights below and wake-up to that georgous view of the harbour & the sea each morning.... We know it's early days, but we cant believe we have made it to such a stunningly beautiful part of the world.

We have a long-term relationship with Turkey, having owned a holliday apartment the other side of Antalya for the last decade.  Nice as that has been, having experienced this region on our travells - we were always going to come to heaven to live full-time!

I started Turkish lessons at the Kalkan school this week and we are both now looking to make new friends and to enjoy the many and varied activities.

Cheers

Leo & Sharon
Title: Re: Introducing Leo & Sharon
Post by: Irene on November 16, 2017, 04:57:41 PM
Welcome Leo & Sharon & wishing you well on your retirement!  I am sure you will enjoy this forum, usually lots of local news, flight details, holiday reports etc. We too have a property on the mountainside in Kalkan & looking forward to retiring there just as soon as we can. ;D

Post by: Lizilu20 on November 20, 2017, 12:48:55 PM
Hi Leo ans Sharon and welcome to EK.

I'm sure you'll have a fabulous retirement in Kalkan and congratulations on your move. Hope you have many happy years in Kalkan ahead of you.
Post by: Charlie on November 20, 2017, 10:42:42 PM
Congratulations on your retirement. I hope you enjoy life in Kalkan.
I too have a villa on the hillside but unfortunately don’t spend as much time in it as you will in yours!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal