Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Holiday Reports and Reviews => Topic started by: joycie on September 20, 2017, 02:46:24 PM

Title: Oh dear how many pairs!
Post by: joycie on September 20, 2017, 02:46:24 PM
So I am now officially on Kalkan countdown. 11 days and we'll be there. Decided to sort out the shoe situation. Always take too many and Bri would only take one pair if he could get away with it.
Because we're going a month later than usual I've managed to collect more pairs of sandals than usual gold silver black pink white and various colours in between.
I love shoe shopping in Kalkan but I really mustn't this year. Oh alright we'll see.
Anyway next time we speak Kalkan will be underneath my sandals and Bri's ones selected pair. Have enjoyed reading all the reports so far so we'll see how we go.
Title: Re: Oh dear how many pairs!
Post by: keith on September 20, 2017, 04:48:42 PM
Tracey has cut back on the number of pairs of footwear that she has brought on this visit and I can honestly say that she hasn't suffered.
Post by: Babs on September 20, 2017, 06:44:04 PM
Joycie, we won't be too far behind you and I'm already weighing up the footwear situation! Well, everywhere else wear to be honest! Each year I say "this year we're travelling light!" But a few 'just in case' things always slip in......happy packing!  :)
Post by: Bob & Jayne on September 21, 2017, 01:38:06 PM
Joycie, not long now, and you go for it, if Bri is only taking 1 or 2 pairs, you can have his shoe space!  ;D ;D ;D

Babs - not long now for you either - glad your almost packing too!  :D :D
Post by: kalkan4eva on September 28, 2017, 11:38:00 AM
a woman needs choices...that's all I'm saying ::)
Post by: joycie on September 28, 2017, 11:42:07 AM
You of course are quite right so I've put them all in. I'm sure I will pass the shoe shop and the market shoe stalls and even sports direct and notice a few more pairs that I really must have. I have packed Bri two pairs that's how good a wife I am.
Post by: msr on September 28, 2017, 05:40:40 PM
I must be the only lady who doesn't do shoes! I take the pair I wear when travelling plus one other pair. Both are Birkenstocks which is all I wear in the summer anyway.We walk into Kalkan and back every night from Patara Prince so they have to be comfortable. I keep an extra 2 pairs of Birkenstocks in the villa just in case but have never used them. I am obviously not a shoe person😂 bags however.......
Post by: joycie on September 28, 2017, 05:46:22 PM
Trouble is I like handbags as well.
Post by: Lizilu20 on September 30, 2017, 03:16:28 PM
I can totally relate to the shoe situation. I wear fit flops and have built up quite a collection that ALL need to travel with me much to OH's consternation. Don't know why he always feels the need to ask me how many pairs I'm taking! It's not like he has to wear them  ::)  :)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal