Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Travel and Accommodation => Accommodation and Hotels => Topic started by: Kajfish on September 07, 2017, 11:55:21 AM

Title: Anyone stayed at Samira Exclusive?
Post by: Kajfish on September 07, 2017, 11:55:21 AM
Hello fellow Kalkanites

We arrive in a couple of weeks for our 6th visit to Kalkan.  We usually book flights and accommodation independently and stay in Kalkan Suites which is home from home.  We were booked to return to Kalkan Suites in June, but unfortunately had to cancel due to family illness.  This time it's a last minute package booking with Thomas Cook and we're staying in a one-bedroomed self-catering apartment in Samira Exclusive and have a couple of questions:

1) Is there a dishwasher in the kitchen area?
2) Do the sockets take UK plugs or will we need to take adapters?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Karyn

Title: Re: Anyone stayed at Samira Exclusive?
Post by: Alexis72 on September 07, 2017, 12:54:09 PM
Hi, yes we stayed in a two bedroom apartment a couple of years ago. As far as i can remember there is no dishwasher and we did use adapters. Myself and my niece are flying out tomorrow and are staying at the Samira Exclusive again. I'll check tHe information i've given you is correct.  :)
Post by: Blue Lizard on September 07, 2017, 12:56:12 PM
You will certainly need plug adaptors ..Turkey uses round pin two prong plugs..could be the accommodation supply them (but they do get pinched) amazon or e bay or poundland do them ;)
Post by: Kajfish on September 07, 2017, 01:37:31 PM
Thanks Alexis72 and Blue Lizard.

I do now recall having to take adapters to Kalkan Suites, I was getting confused with another holiday destination where they use UK sockets.  They have dishwashers at Kalkan Suites which is what prompted my question as I know they're owned by the same family.  One less thing to pack if I don't need dishwasher tablets!  :D
Post by: DRBD on September 07, 2017, 02:13:41 PM
Why would pack dish washer tablets when you get them in Kalkan.😦
Post by: Kevin Norwich on September 07, 2017, 06:42:48 PM
Despite the lack of a dishwasher you will have very few complaints about your stay at the Samira Exclusive.

The apartments are spacious and spotlessly clean.The staff are friendly, the drinks competitively priced and,of course, the hotel is situated in a fantastic location. We have stayed in both the rooms and the apartments at the Samira Exclusive and have always had the most fantastic holidays.

Since the 're-vamp', the hotel has certainly become a much more chilled place to stay, I'm sure that you will have a great time.

The one downside with going with Thomas Cook is the transfer to and from the airport but that is a small price to pay for two weeks of total relaxation and fun.I would so love to be sitting in the Moonlight Bar now, with my beautiful girlfriend, enjoying an Efes, watching the sun drop below the mountain top. Perfection!

You will definitely require an adaptor!

Have a wonderful time!
Post by: Kajfish on September 11, 2017, 09:56:28 AM
Thanks Kevin - really looking forward to returning to Kalkan next week.  The apartments look lovely.

DRBD - there are no dishwashers, so I won't be bringing tablets.  If there were, I would pack 3 or 4 tablets for our trip rather than buying in Kalkan. They take up no space in luggage and weigh next to nothing!  ::)
Post by: Alexis72 on September 14, 2017, 12:21:03 PM
Hi Kajfish, just to confirm the info I gave you is correct. We also booked a package with Thomas Cook, and we were a bit apprehensive about the transfers. We've always booked private transfers previously. Thankfully we were put in a luxurious Adda Tours Minibus and whisked off to Kalkan with no stop or change of bus in Fethiye. Only ourselves and another couple on. Have a great holiday x
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal