Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Holiday Reports and Reviews => Topic started by: joycie on July 10, 2017, 08:16:19 AM

Title: Wishing my life away!
Post by: joycie on July 10, 2017, 08:16:19 AM
Never thought I would do it but here I am wishing my life away till June next year. Never mind that we've got three wonderful weeks booked for October this year but June is my 70th birthday (no I don't believe I'm 70 either) and we've booked a beautiful Villa in the Old Town and to make it even more special our best friends Mor and Dave and their son and daughter in law are coming out to share it with us. Fingers crossed Mandy and Paul and Jackie and Tim may also be out here to share my birthday. Can't bring myself to say 70th again, Whoops I've said it.
Title: Re: Wishing my life away!
Post by: Sezkalkan on July 10, 2017, 08:33:41 AM
Similar to you Joyce! It's our 25th wedding anniversary next year and we are dragging some family out with us to celebrate. So looking forward to introducing beautiful Kalkan to my family exit year but we still have September for 2 weeks to look forward to  :)
Such a special place to have a celebration.
But like you say, I constantly feel like I'm wishing my life away. I just keep willing the time to go quickly just so I can be there again!!
Enjoy your **th Birthday  ;D
Post by: joycie on July 10, 2017, 08:57:07 AM
Thank you. I actually spent my 60th birthday in Kalkan and just don't know where those 10 years have gone.
I hope you have a fabulous 25th but how can't we have wonderful celebrations and memories in Kalkan.
Post by: Bob & Jayne on July 10, 2017, 03:17:56 PM
Paradise is definitely the place to celebrate any special occasion isn't it, or even if it isn't a special occasion is still definitely the place to be!  :D :D :D :D
Post by: Haybo on July 10, 2017, 04:41:10 PM
And we're back out in August to celebrate my 50th ( I struggle to say that too Joycie)
Post by: keith on July 10, 2017, 07:41:50 PM
Joyce..... make the most of your 69th year and then you can really look forward to celebrating your 70th next year. We've only been back a week and have been lucky enough to book another visit in September this year.......can't wait.
Post by: Lizilu20 on July 12, 2017, 09:13:47 AM
I know age is just a number but those milestones hit a nerve don't they, good or bad. I say milk it for what it's worth and start your preparations for your 70th celebrations when you go in October. What fun you'll have finding perfect ways and places to enjoy your next years big birthday.  :-* :) :)
Post by: kalkan4eva on July 12, 2017, 02:41:49 PM
Well the good thing is joycie, you will still have something to look forward to when you are there in October...age is just a number, but the greater the number the more you can get away with things, in my experience. Ageing disgracefully is very much allowed ;)
Post by: Babs on July 13, 2017, 04:05:35 PM
Joycie, bit milestones come as a shock but it's means you're allowed to drag out your birthday for longer than usual!  :laugh:
I've been dragging out my 60th this year and intend to for some while yet! Mind you please don't be too rowdy.....we'll be in kalkan next June, and October this year!!  ;D ;D
Post by: Bob & Jayne on July 13, 2017, 09:45:53 PM
Ladies nothing wrong with extending your birthday or any other celebrations! Just enjoy and milk it as long as you can  ;D.  ;D
Post by: joycie on August 24, 2017, 11:23:27 PM
We're getting within counting distance. The days have flown by and Kalkan is within touching distance. Sue had our passport details today and I can almost feel the Ooh factor when I step into Sahane and see that view for the first time.
First time we've stopped there and had it all to ourselves.Will we sleep in the top room for the first time or stop in our usual room where we're comfortable.
We'll be looking out on the Villa where I'm going to celebrate my 70th birthday. Wow that's booked and the flights all in place wishing my life away again.
So next time I report on this page we'll be there !
Post by: Bob & Jayne on August 25, 2017, 09:42:41 AM
Oh Joycie I can feel your excitement, won't be long now and your celebrations will begin. Look forward to reading your reports.  :D
Post by: joycie on August 25, 2017, 12:27:42 PM
Thank you Jayne have loved reading your reports of your wonderful holiday. We have been over to Meiss a couple of times but never stopped there. Remember having the most humongous pork chop in a restaurant on the harbour there and being surrounded by about 20 cats whilst we ate.
Also always bought metaxa at the duty free there and enjoyed  the contents once we returned to Kalkan.
Did you have to wait some time for the return of your passports?
Post by: Bob & Jayne on August 26, 2017, 07:08:52 AM
Joycie, we had to wait about 45 minutes for the passports, always panic about it, as seems chaotic, but their system seems to work doesn't it? We didn't have a pork chop this time, but last year we did, and I know what you mean they are huge aren't they! We opted for the amazing king prawns both evenings, they are absolutely delicious!  :D :D

Enjoy your celebrations in Kalkan this year. Have fun x
Post by: joycie on August 27, 2017, 11:45:18 AM
I can almost touch Kalkan but not quite. We had a beach party on the moorings of the boat club and I fell in the canal whilst trying to get on to the boat with a bowl of trifle in my hand. Held on for dear life but did get a little damp but I saved the trifle! A little bruised and dishevelled this morning but a great time had by all. My husband thinks I should play rugby for England ladies.
Post by: Bob & Jayne on August 27, 2017, 01:18:21 PM
OH joycie hope your okay! Well done on saving the trifle but hope your not too bruised! X
Post by: Lizilu20 on August 27, 2017, 03:01:28 PM
What a woman! Glad you're ok Joyce and I bet that trifle was worth it!  ;D :-*
Post by: joycie on August 27, 2017, 03:20:08 PM
Trouble is what kind of person thinks of a trifle before falling into the cut? Sad or what! Roll on Kalkan and a trifle won't even figure in my dreams just pure heaven being in our favourite place.
Post by: keith on August 28, 2017, 09:01:21 AM
Well done for saving the trifle Joycie.
Post by: Chris_S on August 28, 2017, 10:13:24 AM
A trifle embarrassing, I would think ;D
Post by: kalkan4eva on August 31, 2017, 05:08:19 PM
Well if trifle-saving was an olympic sport you could consider entering...! In fact, why isn't trifle saving an olympic sport..?
We stayed at Sahane back in 2009 with our girls who were a bit younger then and we wanted to be close to town..its a lovely spot and every night you will get to walk down Kalkan's prettiest street...after the whopping hill of course.
Not long now, joycie
Post by: joycie on September 01, 2017, 01:36:08 PM
We've stopped at Sahane a number of times and love its location. The view is to die for and this time we are completely on our own. All our other friends are going in September.
I must admit I think I deserve a gold medal for my trifle saving abilities. Mind you got myself a lovely bruise which has started quite a few conversations lately.
Can't wait for October. About to become a great grandmother in fact could be today. We're in charge of their staffs puppy who is five months old and I've never walked so much in my life.
He is a bundle of energy and I'm not!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal