Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: JACQUIVIVA on July 05, 2017, 03:33:56 PM

Title: opticians
Post by: JACQUIVIVA on July 05, 2017, 03:33:56 PM
Am thinking I may purchase some new specs this year while in Kalkan can anybody recommend opticians and are they cheaper then UK ? also are they good quality compared to our expensive lenses I need good quality varifocal lenses.
Thankyou :o
Title: Re: opticians
Post by: Chris_S on July 06, 2017, 12:54:17 PM
Göz would suit your needs.  (next to Terrazza)

You'll need a prescription, otherwise you'll have to go to Fethiye and see an optometrist.

The specification you'll get will be better by default than the UK, and faster in delivery.

It'll be cheaper too, especially if you start doing comparisons.

We haven't bought specs in the UK for years now, and I used to have some pretty complex lenses in the past.

You'll be fine there.
Post by: amber on July 08, 2017, 06:48:12 AM
There is a new opticians in Kalkan also.Its in the new building thats near Yali Supermarket.The guy speaks good english and very helpful.
They do not do eye testing although he told me that this can now be done at Kas hospital if you dont want to go to Fethiye.You just need to produce a prescription from here or the UK.
They also work with SGK.
Post by: JACQUIVIVA on July 10, 2017, 08:23:43 PM
Thank you for your help I will give it a try, got to be cheaper than Boots  ::) ::) ::)
Post by: Chris_S on July 11, 2017, 11:13:33 AM
It will be...
Post by: Pompeyalbie on July 13, 2017, 09:27:23 PM
Goz does do eye testing, he's done mine although I have taken my previous Specsavers results on my first visit. We've had a few pairs over the years & lens upgrades from him. A lot cheaper than the Uk
Post by: headroom on July 13, 2017, 10:05:50 PM
I've had some from Kalkan and some from Fethiye, they've been okay but they can now be bought in the U.K. MUCH cheaper at ASDA  I bought two pairs of varifocal with tints and thin lenses for less than two hundred pounds.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal