Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

The Owners Lounge => General Discussion => Topic started by: csivegas-rob on June 06, 2017, 07:41:50 PM

Title: PTT and post in Kalkan
Post by: csivegas-rob on June 06, 2017, 07:41:50 PM
Hope everyone is well, booked up and counting the days until returning to Kalkan. 22 for us.
 Just a question about the post and the post office, we have only owned our apartment a short time and have not ventured into the PTT in Kalkan yet. I wondered how much post do the utility companies send out, we have automatic payment sent up for Electric and water anyway and if you do collect any post what ID is required.
Title: Re: PTT and post in Kalkan
Post by: felicity on June 06, 2017, 08:57:09 PM
Bills are left lying around your property - under the door - inside the electric box - anywhere only half safe...in my experience - I have never received any other post....do not worry - if you are set up for automatic payments = you dont need to do anything else!  Other than of course sign the new contract with ASAT - the water people in Kas or Kinik...are you aware of that?? If not please consult KTLN! Cheers!
Post by: Sezkalkan on June 06, 2017, 09:00:55 PM
We've had our apartment for around 18 months now and never had any post.  I get a monthly email from the electricity company with a statement, but I don't ever see anything from the water company! I just have a DD set up for both and the money comes out!
It'll be interesting to see if anybody else gets any post or other notification!
Post by: csivegas-rob on June 06, 2017, 09:53:27 PM
Thanks that is really helpful, I was hoping this was the case.
Luckily when we purchased we were around to sign the new water contract, saves a trip to Kaş.

Back in Kalkan 3 weeks tomorrow can't come round quick enough.

Post by: DRBD on June 07, 2017, 07:00:35 AM
We do get the occasional post delivered to the house by the PTT especially at Christmas time.   If you would be expecting you could enquire if there are any post boxes free in the PTT to hire. Otherwise it's 'a call in & check' jobby. Bearing in mind it seems to take ages for mail to reach its destination we don't really bother except for greeting cards.

Both our utlity bills are left by the meters by the readers.
Post by: Sezkalkan on June 07, 2017, 08:09:33 AM
I suppose the other obvious solution would be if there is any post, your management company would collect it for you (that's if you have one!).
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal