Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping => Topic started by: alantj on March 30, 2017, 10:41:32 AM

Title: Vegetarian Restaurants in Kalkan
Post by: alantj on March 30, 2017, 10:41:32 AM
Could anyone recommend a restaurant for a  group of vegetarians who will be visiting over the Easter holiday. So somewhere that will be open then and ideally is purely vegetarian or at least has a good range of vegetarian dishes. 
Title: Re: Vegetarian Restaurants in Kalkan
Post by: felicity on March 30, 2017, 12:44:40 PM
I would say that the majority, if not all, have a good range of vegetarian options...or are quite happy to oblige with something special if nothing takes your fancy!! I find the vegetarian food amazingly good and varied here! :)
Post by: msr on March 30, 2017, 01:43:49 PM
You will have no trouble sourcing vegetarian food in Kalkan. I don't think there is a dedicated vegetarian restaurant but as Felicity says there are plenty of vegetarian options in all restaurants. Much better choice than in some UK restaurants.
Post by: Lucy Lou on March 30, 2017, 02:16:41 PM
I learnt that Zula's (at top of steps going past CafĂ© Leon) was a vegetarian restaurant, the week it closed last year !  Due to low tourist numbers.  I know Black & Gold are relocating to (as I understood it share the premises) so am hopeful it will be open again fully this season.

Not sure how early in the season it would open though & am awaiting KTLN's report on what's available this year any day now.
Post by: Kalkan regular on March 30, 2017, 09:33:07 PM
It's a great place to be a vegetarian and I'm sure most restaurants will make you something not on the menu if you have a particular dish you want.
Post by: alantj on April 04, 2017, 01:18:18 PM
Thank you all for the replies.

The group have been to Kalkan a few times before and were hoping to find a purely vegetarian place with maybe a bit more variety than the other "normal" restaurants.

Lucy Lou,

Is it the Black and Gold bar down at the top of the harbor that's relocating to Zula's. I hope not that was a great location and our favorite bar.

Regards

Alan   
Post by: MartynE on April 04, 2017, 07:01:10 PM
Yes alantj, Black and Gold has already moved to Zula's
Post by: Lucy Lou on April 04, 2017, 08:40:29 PM
Black & Gold wasn't on one of my regular routes so only got there the once.  At Zula's I may be there most nights on way to meals.  Will do my liver no good. ROTFL

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal