Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Holiday Reports and Reviews => Topic started by: Haybo on March 24, 2017, 08:46:35 PM

Title: I'm so excited and I just can't hide it......
Post by: Haybo on March 24, 2017, 08:46:35 PM
...... i've booked the flights for our trip in August fir my 50th! Woo hoo!

Good prices travelling and coming back a day earlier than planned so we are looking for one night only in a hotel on our first night.... any recommendations? We need a room for 2, 3 and 4!
Title: Re: I'm so excited and I just can't hide it......
Post by: kalkan4eva on March 24, 2017, 10:14:22 PM
We are staying in the Happy Hotel for a few nights when we go in June. Good reviews and very good prices - think they do family rooms. We just fancied staying in Kalamar as we rarely go there and fancied a change.
Bet you can't wait :)
Post by: DRBD on March 25, 2017, 06:10:56 AM
Kelebek has good reviews along with Zinbad so maybe worth checking.
Post by: Chris_S on March 25, 2017, 12:01:49 PM
For one night, you're basically looking at the 'slack' in bookings. so any hotel may have space now that package holidays have declined (who like to do everything on the same day) - it just depends.

The Meldi may have spaces, but the only way you'll find out is asking!
Post by: Haybo on March 26, 2017, 08:08:04 AM
Thanks everyone.  This has not been as easy as one might think. 

I am travelling with my parents, both in late 70's, my sister and her family, and my lot. We will be arriving late as usual, so don't want to be in the Old Town as vehicular access is awkward at night, and I don't want us to lug our cases too far.

We may be hungry so need easy access to food and rations....so I would prefer not to be in Kalamar, also we won't get access to our proper accomodation until mid afternoon on Saturday, so I would prefer our digs to have a pool.  I don't want the first day to be hot and bothered and a bad experience.  Ideally I would love my family to wake up, open their curtains and see the bay and just be desparate to get out and fall in love with the place! 

I want alot for a budget of £200 don't I!

I like the look of Moonlight pensions, bu no pool, Asyian is close to our final destination and Sevgi looks ideal, but booking websites are struggling with multimroom bookings!

I have asked a local to help me!  #firstworldproblems
Post by: Sezkalkan on March 26, 2017, 11:22:57 AM
What about the Pirat? I have an email address if you need. 
Post by: Haybo on March 26, 2017, 01:21:31 PM
The Pirat was my first port of call,but no availability! Which is good news fir them. We are all sorted now.  Staying at sevgi Hotel. 
Post by: BAS on March 26, 2017, 04:21:49 PM
What about The Elixir on Kalamar Road?
Post by: Derbyshire on March 26, 2017, 06:36:36 PM
Hi I would go for happy hotel got big family rooms most have lovely views of the bay!!!!
Post by: Christina on March 28, 2017, 06:36:26 AM
If it's not too late I'd recommend the Dream Hotel - just adjacent to the Truffle Apartments.
Post by: Kalkan regular on March 28, 2017, 09:41:07 PM
We stayed in Gocek for a night when we couldn't get into our apartment last year. It was very pleasant and not very expensive. It meant we arrived early enough to eat and have a wander round (flat!) and then transferred to Kalkan the next day.
Post by: Haybo on March 29, 2017, 06:15:20 AM
Thanks everyone. I have booked somewhere now.  Even more excited than before!
Post by: Bob & Jayne on March 29, 2017, 09:55:32 AM
Glad you are sorted now Haybo, roll on August yeah  :D :D :D :D :D :D
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal