Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions => Topic started by: kizzy on March 07, 2017, 10:18:16 AM

Title: Turkish Bath - Rhapsody Hotel
Post by: kizzy on March 07, 2017, 10:18:16 AM
Hi has anyone had a Turkish bath at the Rhapsody Hotel? If so what were your thoughts, any idea of costs?  Neither myself or hubby have had a Turkish bath before and I for one quite fancy the experience.  Probably a really stupid question though - what does it entail?  :D
Title: Re: Turkish Bath - Rhapsody Hotel
Post by: Babs on March 07, 2017, 03:21:23 PM
We've never been to the Rhapsody but have had a few Turkish baths at the Atlantis. Basically you get scrubbed, soaped and massaged.......and come out feeling squeaky clean and relaxed, could highly recommend!
Post by: Sezkalkan on March 07, 2017, 10:13:26 PM
I've been going to Turkey for almost 10 years and treated myself to my first Turkish bath in October last year. It was lovely and I can't wait to have another one. It wasn't at the Rhapsody Hotel though. it was a place close to the big Yali supermarket further up the hill from Hunkar kebab.
Post by: Lucy Lou on March 07, 2017, 10:23:59 PM
If someone has been to Rhapsody do they have a female masseuse/'scrubber' or are they a Turkish bather & I'm a bathee in these circumstances ?  ;D  But you know what I mean.
Post by: kalkan4eva on March 15, 2017, 09:30:09 PM
Sezkalkan, you went to Atlantis which is the one I would also recommend along with Babs, just because its one of the most authentic hamans in Kalkan. Looks like they've had a bit of a refurb during the close season...can anyone confirm?
The last I heard, Dimitris was running the Spa at Rhapsody on his own-may have changed for the new season as these things do ::)
Post by: felicity on March 16, 2017, 06:20:30 AM
Atlantis has indeed been refurbed - I havent been in yet but the photos look great - I will be giving it a go! :)
Post by: Sezkalkan on March 16, 2017, 08:54:42 AM
Kalkan4eva, yes they have had a refurb. They've re-opened this week and it does look lovely. They have a Facebook page 'kalkan Atlantis wellness spa & hamam' for those of you who do FB.
I went last year for my first Turkish bath. It was lovely and I don't know why I waited 10 years to do it. It will be the first thing I do when I arrive next month!
Post by: kalkan4eva on March 16, 2017, 09:50:23 AM
Yes I saw the photos on FB just wondered if anyone had been in? Love this place and the pictures look lovely...cant wait to be back there in a mere 85 days - just sayin :)
We are spending a couple of days in Kalamar this year before settling in just round the corner from Atlantis so I'm delaying my Turkish Bath until we're there as I cant imagine going anywhere else.
Sezkalkan, it will definitley be part of your Kalkan ritual from now on  ;D ;D
Post by: Potter on May 16, 2017, 08:03:58 PM
So has anyone been to the Rhapsody then?
Post by: Pompeyalbie on May 17, 2017, 12:04:43 AM
I did Atlantis at the weekend, just a Turkish bath & it was really good, they've done a lot to the front area, the changing rooms are much better now than how they used to be. The bath area is all nicely done out as well.
Post by: annie the tourist on May 17, 2017, 07:49:50 AM
Has anyone used the spa on kalamar road please and if so thoughts? Am staying in kalamar and want to go somewhere in walking distance
Thanks very much
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal